Chapter 57

This was not fine. This was not fine at all.

My imagination had fallen short. Previously, the roles were reversed. Aiden was the one blushing, and I was the one in the towel. The tables had now been flipped. He was the one in the towel, his skin wet and his hair damp, flowing over his brows despite his efforts to push it back.

He walked around my apartment like it was nothing – like a towel wasn't slipping down his waist the more he moved or that his bronze muscles were on display.

"I don't have spare clothes here," he said once he noticed his clothes still hadn't dried while he was in the shower.

I was dressed in an oversized sweater from my wardrobe and thick black tights. Aiden entered my room while I brushed my hair, repeating his earlier announcement.

"I'm sure Lars has some spare clothes in Myra's room since he's here all the time." I ran my fingers through the untangled locks of hair I finished brushing. Aiden hummed and left for Myra's room, returning shortly with a blue shirt and jeans.

He held up the clothes as if there was something disturbingly wrong with them.

"This is all he has."

"What's wrong with those?"

He arched a brow. "They're blue. I don't wear blue. I hate blue."

"You hate a lot of things. Just wear the shirt, Aiden." I told him. He was picky when it came to clothes, but I needed him to get dressed for my sake.

Aiden scowled, rolled his eyes, and left the room once more.

"I look ridiculous in blue," He yelled from the bathroom. "It's such a... bright colour."

"Get over yourself. It's just a shirt." I shook my head, catching myself smile before he walked into my room. He held his hands out to showcase the clothes.

He was handsome in any colour.

"We are going to the frat house." He announced, stretching out the tight shirt he clearly found uncomfortable. I would have thought Lars and Aiden were about the same size, but either Aiden had been going to the gym recently, or Lars was smaller than Aiden.

I could not picture Aiden in a gym with so many other people, sharing equipment other people had touched or even being around them. Lars was probably smaller than Aiden, I decided.

"You need to stop being so dramatic. You look fine."

He scoffed. "I am not dramatic. These clothes don't fit. I want to wear clothes that fit."

"We are not driving all the way to the frat house so you can get changed."

"It's a five-minute drive, Emma. Ten minutes if there's traffic." He smirked. "Oh, you'd like me to walk around naked in your apartment, is that it?"

My eyes went wide, and I stammered with my words. "You are terrible. You're the one who pulled us into that rain."

His scowl slowly twisted into a smile. "The frat house it is, then." He affirmed.

So we drove to the frat house. We, unsurprisingly, took his car. It warmed up considerably faster than my car. However, the leather seats creaked awkwardly when you moved around or inhaled heavily.

Aiden and I climbed the house's wooden stairs to his room. The curtains were drawn, and there was no light in the room until he turned on a lamp. The place was cleaner than I'd ever seen it before. There was not a single thing that was misplaced or scattered around carelessly.

Aiden pulled some clothes out of his drawer and held them up like they were made from the finest fabrics. Then, he quickly changed into them.

"Much better." He adjusted his pockets and sat down beside me, where I had situated myself on the middle of his bed, looking at the textbooks I had brought with me. If I knew anything about Aiden, it was that he liked things to be in his element. That meant that we would not be returning to my apartment until I needed to go home the trip over. And I needed to study.