Chapter 11

Today, my class schedule was all over the place. I was travelling from one end of campus to another looking like a manic with no sleep. So when I reached my last class of the day, I let out a short smile knowing that my literature class would cheer me up.

I waited inside of the auditorium, taking my seat at the front where it was usually empty. I took the opportunity to save Will a spot too since the entire line was free and I actually enjoyed having him next to me... even if he didn't understand what Lyn was saying half of the time.

I plugged in my ear-buds and started to organise my textbooks and laptop in front of me. I thought that bringing a laptop into class from now on would be better for taking notes rather than a notebook. After all, that was what every other student in here was doing.

I put in my heading at the very top of my Word document and waited for Professor Lyn to arrive and start today's class patiently.

Will appeared next to me, showing off the bright smile that always tugged at his dimples and brought out his white teeth.

"Is this seat taken?"

"No," I smiled back, watching as he took the seat and began unpacking his bag like I had.

"How was your weekend?" He looked up at me briefly while he took out his laptop and zipped up his bag again.

"It was good, I think...? I'm not entirely sure." I slumped down in my seat a little.

"Why do you say that?" His features twisted in curiosity. "Did something happen?"

For a moment, I entertained the idea of telling Will about my father's reappearance, but then went against it after I put more thought into it. I didn't want to busy him with my problems or get him to pity me when it was the opposite I wanted from him.

"No, just classes." I lie, ashamed and embarrassed.

I didn't want to lie but I was afraid that if I told him, he'd just somehow run away from the girl with family issues... people in my life did that, and I didn't want to give him a push in that direction.

"I've been swamped with studying too." He relaxes in his seat and types in the password to his computer. "If I didn't have you, I think I would have definitely failed this class already." He laughed and people began to enter the doors.

A few moments later, Lyn paced down the classroom stairs with a fixed stare and neat blonde hair that was pulled up into a tight ponytail. She flopped her book bag on the desk and began writing on the board immediately, not taking the time to greet her students like always.

Will looked at me with slightly worried eyes.

"She's going to give us hell today. I can sense it..." His voice strained in a whisper.

"Why do you say that?" I chuckle.

"All professors do when they're in a bad mood. They write things so quickly and I get lost halfway!" I laugh a little more and try my best to remind him that he had my help, which seemed to ease him some.

The two hours went by quicker than I had expected and by the time we were packing up, most of campus was mostly empty. I began filling my brown bag with my things. Turns out that using a laptop is definitely easier than a notebook, not to mention, neater.

"Are you still up for coffee?" Will swung his bag strap over his shoulder and waited for my response.

"Always." I grin, making him shake his head playfully. "Do you think can I pay this time, though?" I ask him as we made our way to the parking lot.

"Not a chance." He laughed out.

His smile constantly seemed like the brightest one I had ever seen on a person. No one wore a smile like William and that fact made me appreciate him even more.