Chapter 45

Hi all! I have an announcement! (I promise I won't be leaving many more messages in chapters, I know they can be annoying!) BUT for a while now, I've wanted to change the title of this story. It was only supposed to be a filler for when I came up with something better - and I have! (Also includes a new cover which you can all check out in about a week) I hope you all like it just as much as I do. The new story title is: 'The Fate Of Broken Hearts'. I wanted to let you all know so that when I do change it, you all don't lose this story or get confused.

Thank you for all the support once again! Stay golden!

Myra and I shared breakfast before she excused herself and left to see Lars again. We talked briefly about our plans for the week and any new fun events that were coming up. 

As much as I wanted to spend the day lounging on the couch watching cartoon movies, my unfinished classwork stared me down from the corner of the room. And as the rain poured heavily on the windows all afternoon, I sat at my desk, writing on my computer until my eyes were dry and I was yawning more frequently than I was completing phrases.

I eventually allowed myself to meet the cold, smooth pillow on my bed at nine o'clock. I accessed my phone and sat up to read the messages that had been left during the day.

I read Will's first, chuckling at his range of capital letters and misspelled words. Then, I read Aiden's.

I had one missed call from him and a few follow-up texts.

I responded to him and almost immediately I received his incoming call.

"Hi," I smiled, turning on my side and pulling the covers to my chest.

"Hi," He answered back quietly. "How was your day?"

"Unsurprisingly busy. I would have texted you back earlier but-" I yawned, sinking further into the comfort of the mattress. "I was studying all day and I only just finished a few minutes ago."

"Hardworking as ever." He chuckled softly.

"What did you get up to today?" I asked.

"I was studying in my room all day."

A muffled laugh escaped me. "You studied?"

"You don't believe me?" His tone raised slightly. "I'll prove it to you."

I listened as shuffling and background noises cut through the line until I received two photos of book notes, textbooks, and pens scattered on a dark hardwood desk. The lettering was small, but the books' titles had something to do with business and numbers and one about psychology.

"Do you believe me now?" He asked me, his voice lowering back to its restful, croaky register.

"I didn't know you were studying business and psychology."

"I've always been somewhat good with numbers and that sort of thing. And psychology is interesting."

"Do you enjoy it?"

He hummed. "Honestly, I don't know. It's boring at times, but it seems like a good way to go."

Before I could say anything else, Myra burst through my room, yelling something.

"Are you alright?" I asked her.

"He died." She said out of breath, sitting at the edge of my bed.

"Who died?"

"This is infuriating!" She groaned with frustration rather than a sentimental response.

"What are you talking about?"