Chapter 24

The game began with the two blonde and brunette girls from earlier. They had been giggling and throwing back shots, making everyone who played drink to their own enjoyment. Meanwhile, I had been quiet the entire game. Mostly because I was far too shy to do anything besides take a sip out of the red cup Will had given me earlier tonight.

Playing this game seemed quite unfair to a person who had barely done anything besides read books and go to classes, so everything they had said so far never applied to my past-years activities. But I was not one to complain about that.

One example was when Mike had said if any of us had ever had a one-night stand and got caught while 'doing the dirty', as he had put it. To this, everyone had taken their shot except for Will and I.

Another example was when Myra had said if any of us had ever cheated on an exam to pass a class. Everyone took their shot, but once again, the only exceptions were Will and I.

While everyone else got drunk, I sat in the little space of the couch and kept my head down, only listening to what was being said and smiled at the way Will was laughing and playing along with everyone else.

However, while everyone had been playing, my eyes kept wandering off to the other side of the room where Aiden and the girl he walked in with, were in their own little bubble of enjoyment. He had been making her laugh for the past ten minutes, and during those ten minutes, he had been kissing her neck, kissing her mouth and the girl would return the gesture, teasing him, pulling back his bottom lip with her teeth and doing other things that – I was surprised to discover – no one seemed to care about.

There were even times where he would be kissing her and glancing at me while doing so, and then a big smirk would play on his lips like a broken record once I turned away, as if I wasn't embarrassed to have been caught looking at them in the first place.

"Okay, my turn!" The blonde stopped parting from Aiden's side. "Never have I ever..." She thought for a moment, then looked back at her make out partner with a grin. "Never have I ever had sex in the library."

Everyone laughed. I just plainly stared with shock.

Everyone seemed to drink; Myra, Lars, the two girls, the blonde whose name I still didn't know and Aiden. Will and I looked at each other briefly before anyone could notice the judgment on our faces and shared a chuckle between ourselves.

"Who's next?" Mike slightly slurred toward the group. "Emma... was it?"

I raise my head from staring at my hands on my lap and look at Mike who was sprawled over his side of the couch.

"Yes?"

"You haven't touched your shot yet. Go on, give us one!" He urged me, and he took the bottle to his lips.

"I'm not sure... I don't really know what I would say..." I muttered, sheepishly.

"I don't think she's up to it." Aiden spoke up and lent forward over his knees looking smug. "I doubt she's brave enough to play with us big kids anyway."

I looked at him with a glare, one he returned with an obnoxious smile.

"Don't be an ass, Aiden." Myra jerked her head at him.

"I'm being honest, Myra. Mike even said she hadn't touched her shot the whole game. She's too much of a goodie-two-shoes to play this game." He looked over my small frame and scoffed. "See?"

I sat up straight, annoyed by his assumptions of me no matter how true they might have been.

"I have no problem in playing with a 'big kid' like you, Aiden." I said, simply. "I'm just relieved to see that while you're here, playing this game in which you are taking much participation of your own, you're not letting your education get in the way of your ignorance."