An Untold Story, Pt 2

Chapter 124: An Untold Story, Pt 2

The strange flying contraption that flew over their town drew the curious people of Storybrooke out of their homes and businesses. On the grassy knoll near the woods, people began to gather there, wondering what could be in store for their town this time. There was concern for when the craft seemingly crashed and trepidation for what it could mean.

Hand in hand, Snow and Charming led the way to the grassy area where the crash occurred and a single figure emerged from the woods. He was tall and looked absolutely nothing like the shorter and awkward doctor.

"Is this him?" Snow asked.

"Yes...Hyde," Jekyll confirmed.

"Ah...I see all my new loyal subjects have gathered to greet their new leader," Hyde said.

"You are not this town's leader," Snow refuted.

"Because we already have a leader and her name is Snow White," David added.

"How curious...I once knew a pair that looked similar to you...yet she did not go by the name Snow White," he mentioned.

"So we've heard...but regardless, you're not coming into this town and taking over," Snow responded.

"Oh...and who is going to stop me?" he questioned.

"Hey Mutton Chops!" Emma called, as she and Regina let their magic lose and it slammed into the man. But he seemed unaffected and they were shocked when he actually canceled their magic.

"What the hell..." Emma uttered.

"How is that possible?" Regina wondered. Snow and David stepped up next and blasted him with the power from the Chalice. But he remained unaffected by any magical attacks and used his hand to shove the beam back at them, throwing them both off their feet. Leo was quick to help his mother up, while Xander helped David to his feet.

"How...how is he immune to magic?" Belle wondered, asking her husband in particular. But Rumple seemed just as shocked as anyone.

"I don't know...but I'd say the good Doctor has some explaining to do," the Dark One growled. He didn't like this at all. Evenly matched allies in Regina and the Charmings had proven useful and he had always been more powerful than the fairies, who he saw mostly as enemies. There had been evenly matched enemies as well, but none that their combined light and dark magic had not been able to handle. But now...an enemy impervious to any magic at all. He had foreseen none of this, but that made sense now. If Hyde was immune to magic, then it was likely he couldn't be seen by Rumple's foresight either. And he had no explanation as to why...which he loathed.

"You're not welcome in this town and you may be impervious to magic, but that will not stop us from fighting you," Snow warned.

"Oh, I would expect nothing less from the legendary Snow White. But I will issue my own warning to you. I did not come alone. Aboard the Dirigible, I brought many residents from the Land of Untold Stories," he announced.

"They settled in this land to pause their lives, for they have stories they do not wish to be finished. So before you think that I am the biggest threat to you, remember that there are those here now that will do anything to make sure their stories remain...untold," he warned, as he strolled by them, intent on exploring his new town.

For now, they let him go and turned their attention to searching the wreckage of the Dirigible for survivors. Despite what Hyde said, they wanted to make sure their new residents knew they could be trusted and would help them.

They searched the crash site and inside the Dirigible, but found not one soul on board.

"Where do you think they all went?" David wondered, as they searched the area around the crash for clues.