Un-Break My Heart

Chapter 129: Un-Break My Heart

"I should have known..." Regina growled, as they followed Wilby and Graham, as the animals tracked Robin's scent. Though, as they saw Zelena's farmhouse in the distance, they knew where this was leading. None of them had thought the witch would be so bold as to abduct Robin and Roland. They were trying to figure out why she'd do it when there was no possible way for her to get away with it.

"I am an idiot..." the former Queen added.

"Regina...you're not an idiot. You wanted to believe that Zelena could change. There's nothing wrong with that," Snow admonished. Regina looked over at her and realized that Snow was speaking from experience.

"I'm sorry...this must be exactly what you were feeling after every time you gave me a chance and I spit on it," Regina replied. Snow shook her head.

"That's in the past...you're not that person anymore," the raven haired beauty reminded.

"No...that person is just running around our town and wrecking havoc on the people we love. She's probably behind this too," Regina stated. Snow didn't disagree with that, as she knew Regina was probably right. This had designs of the Queen all over it.

As they approached the farmhouse, Regina used her magic to detect if there was any protections around the house and was surprised to find none.

"That...doesn't make any sense," she said in confusion.

"Yeah...surely she'd try to keep us out if she kidnapped Robin and Roland," David agreed, equally confused.

"Well...I guess we go for the direct approach," Leo said, as he started to march up to the porch.

"Leo...get back here!" Snow called. But her son turned to her.

"Mom...if the Queen is in there, out of everyone here, I'm probably the one she doesn't want to hurt," Leo surmised.

"That sounds like a big risk..." Chad said nervously. Leo smiled at him.

"I'll be fine," he promised. David sighed.

"Boys..." he called to the dogs and they followed him up the stairs. And Leo did the most normal thing he could and knocked. But he was shocked to see Robin as the one answering the door.

"Can I help you, Your Highness?" Robin asked. Leo looked at him in confusion.

"Uh...Uncle Robin...you've known me my entire life. You've never called me that before," he said, looking back at his parents in bewilderment.

"I'm sorry...Uncle? I believe you're mistaken, lad. It's true I've known of you since you were born, but I can't say that we've had much interaction during the curse years and after," he explained.

"Not to quote Star Wars here, but...I've got a bad feeling about this," Emma quipped.

"Who is it sweetheart?" a female voice asked, as a brunette appeared on his arm.

"Oh, it's just the Mayor and Sheriff's son. Is there something we can help you with, Deputy?" Robin asked.

"Uh...who is this?" he asked. The woman smiled.

"Oh...I'm Marian, his wife," she replied, as all their mouths were ajar in disbelief. And the devastation on Regina's face was heartbreaking.

"Marian...uh if I'm not mistaken, didn't you once tell my parents that Marian died?" Leo asked.

"Yes...I believed that to be true all these years. Then the most miraculous thing occurred," Robin said, as he looked at her with a big smile that made Regina's breath catch in her throat.