Dangerous Minds

Finding You Always

Chapter 41: Dangerous Minds

After arriving in Boston around lunchtime, Melanie had called her Mom and they agreed to meet Meredith for lunch after they checked into their hotel.

The restaurant Meredith had chosen was only a few blocks away from where they were staying, so they opted to walk to take in a bit of the city.

Snow clutched Charming's arm a little tighter than usual. It was her first time away from Storybrooke and in a big city like this and only his second. It unnerved him too and he put his arm around his beloved's waist.

Emma seemed more at ease with it and Regina seemed unfazed, though if she were experiencing any anxiety, they'd never know it. He and Snow much preferred Storybrooke over this. Despite its craziness, Snow and Charming were glad to be raising their family there and not in a big city like this. It was exciting to visit, but they would be glad to go home.

They rounded the corner and saw a woman wave to Melanie from outside the restaurant. The girl ran to her mother and they hugged tightly, as the Charmings approached.

"I've missed you," Meredith said fondly, as her attention turned to the people with her daughter.

"You must be Emma," Meredith said, as she surprised her by hugging her as well.

"Melanie has told me so much about you. I just wish we were meeting under better circumstances," she said. Emma nodded.

"Me too...I'd be going to jail if you hadn't been able to fix this mess," Emma said sadly, though she knew her parents would have never allowed it either, even if it meant her never leaving home.

"Oh honey...I was happy to. You shouldn't pay the price for someone else's crimes," Meredith said, as she regarded the three people with the blonde. Melanie was right. Though the resemblance between the couple and Emma was striking, they looked like they could barely pass as thirty. Her mind instantly went to Nathan's story, which she had refused to believe. She wanted answers about her brother, but she had never truly bought into all the stories that came out of the "home office".

But if they were really who Nathan claimed, they certainly fitted the description. He was tall, broad shouldered, fit, and shockingly handsome with a charming smile. She was a raven haired, fair skinned beauty, petite and seemed to fit with him like a puzzle piece. She steeled her emotions, as she regarded the extra person with them. This was her...the woman responsible for her brother's disappearance. She boiled inside to think that this woman walked free.

"These are my parents," Emma said, interrupting her fury and she plastered on a fake smile.

"David Nolan and this is my wife, Mary Margaret," he introduced.

"It's lovely to meet you. Thank you for what you did for Emma," Snow said graciously.

"It was nothing. Emma is a wonderful girl. And who is this?" Meredith asked, gesturing to the other dark haired woman.

"This is our good family friend, Regina Mills," David introduced.

"A pleasure to meet you," Meredith said.

"Likewise," Regina replied, with a tight smile, as they filed into the restaurant.

Once they were seated and had ordered, Meredith produced a folder with papers inside.

"The deal is as we discussed over the phone, but feel free to read through it," Meredith said.

"May I see it?" Regina asked. Meredith hesitated.