Suspicious Minds

Finding You Always

Chapter 29: Suspicious Minds

Ruby eyed the couple curiously, as they entered the bed and breakfast side of Granny's. With the return of memories had come a lot of broken marriages and confusion. They had never filled so many rooms before and only had a few left.

"Can I help you?" She asked. She was trying to place them, though she didn't know everyone. A lot of people were just common villagers, but these two just didn't seem to fit that profile.

"We need a room for a couple days," he said.

"Yes...we're passing through, but this town is so lovely and quaint, we decided to stop," the woman gushed. The man looked nervous.

"You're from out of town?" Ruby asked, as warning bells went off in her head. But she kept calm.

"Name?" She asked. The woman was about to answer, but her husband cut her off.

"Cook. Nathan and Linda Cook," he answered. Ruby watched the confusion on the woman's face. It was a fake name for sure, but she didn't let on like anything was amiss and handed them a room key.

"Enjoy your stay," she said with a smile, as she crossed back into the diner.

"I need to run to the Sheriff's station," Red told Granny.

"Problem?" The elder woman asked.

"I'm not sure yet," she replied.

"Dear...why did you give them my maiden name?" Linda asked.

"We're trying to get away from it all, honey. I just thought it would be fun to leave a little bit of mystery," he lied.

"Oh..." she said, trying to wrap her head around it. He could tell she wasn't convinced.

"Honey, did you take your pill?" He asked.

"Um, no...I forgot," she replied, as she fished the bottle out of her purse and took it. Any questions she had soon faded from her mind.

"Sheriff's station," David answered, as he picked up the phone.

"Your wife is a menace," Whale snapped from the other end.

"Excuse me..." David said dangerously.

"You know, just because she's some princess, she can't just go traipsing wherever she wants in this hospital, not while I'm in charge," Whale ranted.

"Okay, you better start explaining what you mean, because if you insult my wife again, you're going to need a dentist to replace your teeth after I knock them out," David snapped. He heard Thomas chuckle.

"Your wife went venturing into the basement level of the hospital. It's the psych ward and it's restricted. Then she released a patient and she's coming your way with a dwarf and the woman she broke out," he explained.

"Look, if Snow decided this woman didn't belong in there, then she didn't. Things are different now that memories have returned," David reasoned.

"Fine...but she could at least ask me for the keys instead of picking locks!" he said in exasperation. David tried not to smirk and swallowed a chuckle.

"I'll make sure she asks for the keys next time," he joked.

"Why do I even both with you? Of course you see nothing wrong with your princess wrecking havoc in my hospital," Whale spat.

"Relax Whale and let me worry about my wife," David replied, as he hung up.

"Still wish I knew who that guy is," he mentioned.