Part 13 ~ Strangers

Anika Point Of View ~ 

It's just like when I first saw him. Speechless, shocked . . completely and utterly. I stare at him wide eyed. Michael is here. Please don't let this be a dream. I won't be able to handle that. 

He smiles at me. 

I feel myself float away. I have spent so much time thinking back, remembering that smile. A smile I never did forget. The thought of it only in my mind . . never knowing if I'll ever see it again. But I wrong. I was very wrong and I'm so happy that I was. 

"Anika? . . " Michael speaks again. 

Oh god. That voice. It is still so calming yet so intoxicating. It just draws you more into him. I put my head down, not wanting to look at him. Not in the eyes. I get the courage. I need to look at him. I know I do. Come on Anika . . look at Michael. Don't you dare look away from him. 

"Michael, hi . . " I say to him finally. 

He chuckles to my slow reaction, or more so at the nervousness that is felt throughout the both of us I believe. His eyes at my feet before he brings them up, looking at me back in the eyes once he gets back to my face. 

"You look amazing, Anika . . " He tells me. 

I blush, a lot. I feel my cheeks completely burn up. My heart beating more and more, feeling myself begin to sweat. Oh god. I must look like an absolute mess right now. But Michael says I look amazing . . well, one of us is a liar. I look at him myself, up and down. He looks incredible. His style is different now, it's much more grown up. Very mature yet so stylish I must say. When we were younger, he always dressed in buckles and belts matching it with these gorgeous curls and I absolutely adored that look. At one stage, I believe grandmother thought he was some bad boy. The thought makes me laugh . . Michael was never that. He was always sweet and very respectful. But then grandmother realised that for herself, that it wasn't the case and ended up completely loving Michael once she got to know him. He looks older . . well, don't we all? But he still remains very handsome and just as stunning as I remember him. Because some things don't change. 

"Thank you Michael. So do you . . " I say. 

It's silent for a few seconds, but it feels like hours. Oh god. I hate this silence. I wanna talk to him but I can't seem to find the words. What do I say to him now? I wish my mind would just switch off but it can't. Instead, it's going a million miles an hour. I got my wish . . Michael is here. He is standing right in front of me again. Now is my chance. However, I can't rush it. I need to take it slow. I need to think about what I say before I even say it. I mean, I really need to think about it. Going down that road and way too soon . . right now. It's not a good idea. I don't want to upset him.

Think Anika. Think of something to say to him. 

"Would you like to come in, Michael? . . 

I ask him. But he declines and very politely too. I hear a voice behind me causing me to look behind me to see grandmother walking towards us. 

"Anika. Is someone here? I thought I heard a knock on the door, dear . . " She says. 

She is now standing beside me, looking at Michael. Michael is looking at grandmother wearing a big smile on his face. I look towards grandmother. I can tell by her face. She doesn't know who he even is. She doesn't remember him. He is like a stranger to her. She has on her large, clear reading glasses as she stares at him, trying her best to remember who he is. But I know she doesn't. Grandmother looks at me. I place my hand on her upper arm, a way to tell her that Michael is very friendly and he presents no harm.