Part 18 ~ Are You Sure?

Michael's Point Of View ~

The drive is smooth, quick as every light turns green. No need to stop. It's like the universe can see that I'm on the verge, on the brink. It must be oozing right out of my being. I must see Anika. 

And soon. 

Dinner reservations at six. I'm frantic to get to her. I picture Anika in front of me. I know she will look so stunning. She is a gorgeous women after all. My focus is just to get there. I wanted to see her yesterday, to spend time with her before I would have to leave for work. But I also wanted to ask her to dinner. Because . . why not? I was so nervous. I couldn't help but think . . what is she says no? What if she doesn't want to? I don't believe my heart would've been able to take it. Wouldn't be able to accept it. 

Her grandmothers house. There it is. 

I'm here finally. I feel so bad for Anika. I feel terrible that she isn't well, her grandmother. But I already knew. When I saw her, when I remembered her . . but she didn't remember me. I knew it wasn't a good sign. Of course not. I asked Anika. I wanted to know. I had to find out . . but it was true. When she said, I felt that small glimmer of hope fade away. She didn't come back to town to see me . . she came back only because her grandmother isn't well. I understand that. I do. But there was this tiny part of me that thought maybe, just maybe . . she came back to find me. I knock on the front door. Waiting for it to open. I can't wait to see her. I feel like in seconds, I will need to pick up my heart from off the floor as I feel it pounding within me. 

I am wearing my best suit. 

The door opens

The door opens. I knew it. Wow. Anika stand before me, she is a vision. I look at her . . all of her. I look at the way her dress hugs her body. Her hair flows down so beautifully but it's her eyes that grab my attention the most. It's as if her mascara has opened them up even more. 

"Hi Michael . . " Anika says. 

"Anika, hi. You look stunning . . " 

"Shall we? . . " I ask. 

My arm bent at the elbow, slightly outstretched. Anika giggles as her hand attaches to that arm. She looks back behind her, giving a small wave. I walk her to my car. So carefully. Wanting to escort her myself. She is far too precious to allow her to do so on her own accord. Her sweet voice invading my ears as she thanks me, so gracefully she gets into the car. I run over to my side, hoping in myself. Ready to go. We both are. 

____________________________

The restaurant is quiet tonight. This is much nicer. Anika and I walk inside, arms lined once again. The gentleman at the door greets us both and with a smile of course. 

"Good evening. My name is Samuel. Did you have a reservation, sir? . . He asks. 

"Reservation for Jackson . . " I respond softly.