Part 31 ~ Sweetest Place

Anika's Point Of View ~

And here it is. It's here. 

The sun. 

The glimpse of this hot, glowing star always means it's the start of a brand new day. It brings a smile to my face. As I know that today will be an amazing one. I slept but not for too long . . not long at all, come to think of it. The adrenaline of it all doesn't seem to have left me. For the memory of our actions last night lingers. Flashes of Michael's body on top of me. The feeling of him inside me, his kisses, his hands on my being . . all over. It hasn't changed - the feeling of my heart not yet slowed down along with the butterflies as they too, can be felt flying all around inside me from the thought alone. 

I look to my right. 

A still sleeping Michael is beside me. After it all, he was exhausted. Falling asleep pretty much straight after. I, immediately scooted myself closer to him in an attempt to be dangerously near him. It was a wish of mine. With a sleepy tone, Michael said to me, to stay with him. A request from him that I am more than happy to grant. I then, watched him sleep, I couldn't help it. I can already hear the word 'creepy' being said from many mouths, many voices . . but I'm not bothered. As I watched him, the sparkle was in my eyes this time. My fingers feeling his skin, outlining his cheek . . hmm and his lips. Gentle touches, of course. I didn't disturb him. I made sure of that. It wasn't done as Michael didn't wake. 

A whisper in my voice. A soft plea with him to not let me go. 

To never do so as I wish to stay with him. Forever. 

But I know what I must do. I have to go back . . to Sydney. Back to Darren. I need to tell him. I need to tell him everything. I will. In time, I will. But for right now, I just want to stay here with Michael . . please. Where it is just him and I. No one else in sight. No one else in mind. 

Because this right here, it's the sweetest place. 

Poor Michael. He must be so tired, so very sleepy. I listen . . hearing his soft breathing as his chest rises and falls. A few strands of his short black hair fall on his forehead, but my fingers move it aside as I wish to see all of him. I can't explain it. He warms my heart completely. At times, setting it on fire . . even. It makes me very aware that I can love someone else so much. That I can be in love with someone else . . and that person for me, is Michael. I feel like a little kid in a lollie store or a young school girl looking at her very first crush. I feel it still, my heart. Beating fast . . some beats skipped. His milk white skin looks gorgeous as the sun shines on it, through the window, through the white curtains. Michael's now laying on his back, having moved in his sleep. The bed sheets around him, pooled at his lower stomach. One arm lay across his stomach with the other above his head. 

His looks so peaceful. 

So very beautiful. 

A time when I feel like I must protect him. From what exactly? . . I'm not really sure. It's just a feeling I have for reasons unknown. I hear a voice in my head, it's mine. But this time, I'm saying for Michael to stay. So Michael, wake up . . and stay with me. I do it again, I can't seem to ever stop myself. I want to touch him. I must. My hand on his stomach, the bend of my fingers to then allow my fingernails to gently graze his soft skin. His skin is so delicate. To feel it again, it's a feeling that I have been without for far too long. However, this time. I hear a sound come from Michael. Like he is taking a big breath in. He moves slightly and then his eyes flutter open. 

Oh, there they are. 

As he looks at me, I see the sparkle there once more as I feel it never leaves. A sleepy smile on his face. I have missed him. Even though he hasn't left. Just staying still and silent as he slept.