Part 32 ~ Calm

Michael's Point Of View ~

I find myself pacing up and down. I can't seem to sit still. Veterinarian Sarah has come out already and just spoken to me. She told me great news. 

Odie, he has been fine. 

Now that the storm has passed, Odie has come back to his normal self. I knew it. What else could it have been? It must have been the storm. As for this terrified behaviour . . that is why. Odie knew it was coming, all along. He knew before any of us did. That is why. But despite the great news, I still can't seem to keep still. I can't wait to see him. This has been the longest I have been without him since I got him, after all. The terror of never finding Odie again has disappeared. However, other emotions have taken it's place within me - excitement, happiness . . just pure joy. I hear Anika's soft voice come from behind me. 

"Michael, come and sit . . " 

I chuckle, a slight feeling of embarrassment I feel as well, for some reason. I hope Anika doesn't think I'm some overbearing, over dramatic individual. I'm sure she doesn't. She understands me. I do as she says, knowing all she wants is for me to relax. I sit down, on the vacant seat right beside her. Her hand comes over to gently land on my thigh. With my foot, my leg bounces up and down with record breaking speed. It's the nerves of it all, I suppose. I'm overwhelmed . . just so happy. 

Anika's hand pats at my thigh gently, causing me to look at her. 

"It's okay. Just stay calm . . " 

She softly tells me with a smile. A giggle in her voice. I know she is right. And after last night, this morning . . what we shared together. How can I think otherwise? It was perfect. All of it. Every second of it. Just to have Anika in that way again after so long without. It's unbelievable. To feel her skin again, her touch, her kisses . . hearing her soft moans as I had my way with her - so soft and silky they were. Music to my ears. Her breasts bouncing as she did. 

Hmm. 

But then, the hours passed and once it was over, I was exhausted. 

I felt my eyes close. I fought, I tried but I couldn't keep them open. But before I did so, to Anika . . I said something to her. She seemed concerned. When she didn't need to be. So I told her, I told her that once the sun comes . . to wake up and to stay with me. 

She did. 

Once I closed my eyes, I don't recall much else then that. I was so tired, falling asleep after to feel such peace. Such calm. I am happy that Anika was there with me. I awoke . . and the first thing I saw was her. She looked beautiful and still naked. Hmm. I couldn't help myself. I had to have her again. It was the fact that she straddled my lap, the look in her eyes and after I saw that . . I knew. I didn't ask as there was no need. Yet another condom was in the bedside drawer. I slid it on before I slid inside of her . . or before she sunk down onto me, should I say? She felt amazing - so wet and warm. Just so ready for me. The sun heating our skin up in the blink of an eye. My hands on her hips as she moved, faster and faster. I had to take a hold of her breasts, but to feel her pussy again . . god. It felt the same. A piece of her that I want to be mine and only mine. A piece of her that I must protect and take care of. I remember her reaction once I began to play with her down there - as I tickled and flicked her moist pussy lips. She couldn't take it . . her moans, her body, I couldn't help but mentally smirk knowing it was me that was making her feel that way. Afterwards, she fell forward onto me. I remember her hair was all over and I wanted to see her face. And once I did, a tired smile was what she displayed. 

God. I love her. 

The ticking of the clock that hangs on the wall of the vet waiting area. The ringing of a phone every few minutes, it feels. The chime of a bell every time someone walks in and out - both customer and staff. I remain seated, waiting for Odie to be brought out. But this time, I am calm. It must have been because of Anika's soothing voice that is always so full of reassurance or was it the thought of last night and this morning's activities with her? Whatever it was, it has done the trick. The door opens. I see veterinarian Sarah and she's holding a lead. I stand up, knowing who it is she has with her. 

"Odie! Hey buddy. Why did you run off, buddy? . . " 

"I'm sorry Odie. But your back now . . " 

I say to Odie. I'm crouched now, down to Odie's level. He comes over to me immediately. His nose knows who I am without a thought. I see his tail wagging, his excitement is seen within him. I am so happy to see him . . to have him back. I stand back up, the corner of my eye I see Anika standing close behind me. Odie goes over to her. She looks at him, giving him a good pat. I give veterinarian Sarah my gratitude, it seems endless. I take hold of Odie's lead as we walk out of the vet. It's time to bring Odie home again, where he belongs. 

We get back into the car. As we drive, the evidence still of that infamous storm still lingers. 

The rain is gone, as well as the thunder and damaging hail. But it's the tapping up of many broken fences, damaged roofs of houses and some shops that need to be fixed, even cars that have yet to be taken away as they still remain where they were when the storm hit - their shattered windscreens in the towns sights. But, today is new day. It's a great day. It started amazing as I woke up with Anika beside me and now I have Odie back. So, I am determined to continue the day on a high. I feel her hand placed gently upon my thigh. A smile on her face as I look to my left at her. 

But, I have a thought all of a sudden. 

I feel that I must. To face a place that I chose to never return to. 

The beach. 

I must go this, I must do this. Anika with me . . and Odie too, of course. It's a place that changed our lives. That changed us. I know now why Anika did what she did. Why she made such a decision - she was scared. So scared. And she's right, we both were so young. It hurts . . it really does. The thought making me sad, so angry. To experience such grief because it is a lose. But you shouldn't have that kind of a mind set as sooner or later, it will overtake you. Consuming you in its jaws as the refusal to let go of you will be overwhelming. A feeling of being trapped forever? Possibly. And such a thought . . it's terrifying. I struggled, I did. And I know that Anika went through the same. I thought it was easy for her - the absorption and on her decision to leave town. But it wasn't. I know that now. 

It was so hard. For the both of us. 

My face turns briefly towards Anika, seeing the sun shine around her. It causes me to do the same, on the inside and outside. She looks out the window. I hope she will be fine to go back to the beach. If she doesn't, that's fine. But I want to go. I feel like I must. For Anika and I to be able to move on together . . and begin our brand new chapter. A lump in my throat, my words scattered. Come on, Michael. Just spit it out. 

"Hey Anika. How do you feel about going back to the beach? . . " 

Her face showing no emotion yet. But then, she smiles. 

"I think that's a great idea, Michael . . " 

The feeling of calm floods back to me immediately. It was only a second, but I so nervous of what she may say. What her reaction may have been. My foot pushing down on the accelerator as now I can't get there fast enough. But before I know, here we are. The beach before us after so many years. I open the car door to allow Odie out. He looks so happy. As I walk towards Anika, she takes a deep breath . . so do I. It's crazy to be back. But it's good, something that we need. I take her hand in mine as we walk down. Our shoes off, however, I can hear our hearts pounding. The feeling of the sand getting deeper underneath us as we walk. The vision of the crashing waves, the sound . . everything. 

We sit down on the sand. 

Side by side. 

Just like that night 10 years ago. 

But it's different this time. The feeling of pain and sadness isn't felt. Instead, from deep within me . . all I feel is peace, finally. I don't wish to hang my head down from the memory, I don't wish to even cry. Anika's head falls to the side of her to rest on my shoulder. I never saw myself come back here. Ever. Let alone being back here with Anika. My arm around her. Our eyes off into the horizon that lay before us. 

I feel happy. I feel calm. 

to be continued.