Chapter 2: It has begun

4 days later everything is sold or in the garbage, sad some of those things were important. I head back to work with nothing but myself.

Why would he want us to leave everything and stay at the factory? Maybe because some of us live miles away and he wants us to be there quickly? Whatever the case we got to go anyway. When I get inside the factory, Mr. Pierre was there directing me to where we will stay. When I get there, an employee was noting sizes for new uniforms. I said mine, then got handed the new uniform and went inside.

The room was full of bunk beds, to save room and provide space for the 350 of us that work here. There was a hallway that led to bathrooms and changing rooms, which were securely locked when someone was in there. Almost everyone was there, Including Harry and Carol. I called dibs on the bottom bunk, Harry took top, Carol took top next to our bunk, and someone else was below her. We were ordered to change into the new uniform which wasnt really new, it just changed the nametag to numbers and had longer uncolored sleeves. What the numbers were for, no one knew but the boss. Mine was #1006, Harry's was #1007, and Carol's was #1009.

After settling down, we chatted about random stuff. "So Harry... Why do you always have that little dark blue bow?" I asked him, and he replied with "oh! This was a gift from my sister, Elizabeth! She has one too." What I presume to be Elizabeth walked over, she had a yellow bow. "What are you guys talking about?" Her tag read #1008. "Oh just my younger sister." Harry teased. "Younger?! Im as old as you!" "Says the one born a few minutes after me!" "UGH! Anyway who are they?" "Oh my best friend Y/N and regular frined Carol." A speaker interrupted that it was lights out and Elizabeth walked away irritated.

We all got into bed and a couple minutes after the lights turned off Carol whispered. "Hey Y/N, you like anyone?" Thinking about the guy above me a small flush make my cheeks turn pink. "Hellooooo? Y/N? You there?" "Oh! Yea... Just dont wanna say it." Carol pressed on "oh c'mon, tell me!" Apparently that was a bit too loud because the guy under her groaned and whispered "please be quiet, I'm trynna sleep." Carol lowered her voice and whispered "sorry.." The night went on quietly except for faint whispers and that one loop talking about trespassing that runs after 8:00pm.

To be continued...