Chapter 10

" Fine~ " Zhan looked at Yibo while checking the time on his phone, "When do the gates of the dorm room close?" Yibo said, trying to dust off the dirty water from his shirt. "Nine p.m, Why do you ask ?" Zhan inquired. Zhan took out his phone and showed it to Yibo, saying, "It's already nine thirty." Yibo threw his hands up in surrender, exclaiming, "Today is such a bad day for me!" Zhan smiled, "You can stay with me today, if you want," Zhan suggested, and Yibo began to consider. " Okay~," he said cheerfully as the two of them walked to Zhan's car. Zhan remembered something else as Yibo was getting into the car "Oh, and we have to get dinner." Yibo hummed, as Zhan started the car.

Later… 

Zhan and Yibo came to Zhan's place after getting the take out for dinner. Yino was completely exhausted which Zhan noticed " You can take a shower first, I'll set the table for dinner " Yibo nodded and walked towards the bathroom " Oh by the way, those my T-shirt and tracks, you can wear them " Zhan said pointing to the pair of clothes beside the table where Yibo said, Yino hummed taking them with him. 

Meanwhile, Zhan set the table for dinner and waited for Yibo to join him as well. Zhan had the habit of eating and then taking a bath hence he patiently waited for Yibo to join him. After 20 minutes, Yibo came out of the bathroom, with his hair still dripping wet, he wiped his hair with a dry towel while he looked at Zhan and smiled. Zhan, who was mesmerized by Yibo, sat there looking like a statue. Yibo smirked and sat close to him " Like what you see ? " He asked, wiggling his eyebrows. Zha snapped back and stared at him as he pushed him back, hitting his arm. Yibo winced in pain " That hurt " He said taking the chopsticks to start eating. 

Later… 

After the dinner, Yibo straightway went to bed, while Zhan washed the dishes and went to take a shower. After the shower was done, he noticed the lights in Yibo's room were still on. " Did he not sleep yet? " Zhan asked, cracking open the door, he smiled seeing Yibo fast asleep. Zhan stepped inside the room and sat beside Yibo, he covered him with a blanket. And looked at him lovingly " Yes, I like… actually I love what I'm seeing " He said running his fingers over Yibo's hair.

 Zhan edged closer to him as he caressed Yibo's cheeks " In fact, I have a lot to say, but I'm afraid if I say them all, you won't like to be closer to me anymore, am I selfish if I do this? " He questioned, as he bent down to kiss his cheeks. Zhan sighed " Guess I am selfish " . Zhan hit up and switched off the lights and stood by Yibo's door " Good night ~" He whispered in a low tone and closed the door behind. 

***

The next morning… 

" Does he not want to visit papa today ? " Xuan who was waiting outside Zhan's house was pissed, she was ranting to herself as to why her brother hadn't yet come outside. They had prior decided that today both the siblings would visit their father since he had asked to meet them both. But for the past one hour she had been standing outside waiting and also calling Zhan on his phone.

But he wasn't picking it up. She could easily barge into his house, but Zhan absolutely hated it when people came over to his house, he didn't like anyone coming over to his house. " That's it! I'm going in" She said walking to his house. But the door flung open, as Yibo stepped out with Zhan " Yibo? " Xuan asked confusingly, while Yibo smiled " Xuan-jie? Good morning, " He said with a huge smile. 

She smiled as well wishing him a happy morning. " I'll wait by the car, '' Yibo said, pointing to Zhan's car. Zhan nodded as he looked at his sister. As soon as Yibo left the place, Xuan cocked her eyebrows " You jerk! You hate it when your sister is at your house, how come he gets to come inside your house?! " Zhan shrugged and smikred " You and him are not the same Jie" Xuan smirked " Don't tell me you did… " She said, nudging him with her elbow. Zhan rolled his eyes " What?! No! And moreover, he should be the one who should do it… " He murmured the later words in a low tone. His sister laughed, " What?" Zhan shook his head " Nothing, what is it? You have come early in the morning ".

Xuan made a poker face and pinched Zhan's ear twisting it in her hand " Don't tell me you forgot the meeting with papa?! " Zhan winced in pain " Yeah! I'll postpone it to the evening, " He said, freeing himself from his sister's hands. She crossed her arms walking along with Zhan to his car " No, you already postponed five times this month, papa won't be free anymore " Zhan stopped and sighed " Just can you..., jie~ Please " He said looking back and forth to his sister and his car with a pleading eye. Xuan laughed " Fine~ Just so you know, I'm doing this for your love, not for you " Zhan smiled " Jie is the best " He gave her a thumbs up and ran to his car. 

Later… 

Yibo came to Zhan as he had asked Yibo to him at the Chemistry lab " The reports have come and I just need to examine a few samples " Said Zhan giving Yibo the report as to who the potential suspects might be. Yibo nodded, taking the file. He looked over the report and closed " Some told me that they saw students from Civil department on that day just before they found the lab in chaos " Zhan hummed " Okay then I just need to examine some samples from Civil department students"

Yibo nodded as he looked over at what Zhan was doing " What are you doing? " Yibo asked curiously, while Zhan looked over in his microscope " I have been given a task to examine a dead body's tissues and identify the type of poison injected on the nerve just before their death". Zhan said, making Yibo even more curious like a little kid. " That's amazing, your job is so cool ". Yibo gave him a thumbs up.

Yibo then remembered something which he wanted to discuss with Zhan " Zhan! I… A girl just asked me out, " Yibo smiled. As soon as he heard what Yibo said, Zhan snapped looking at Yibo more like staring at Yibo, the pen that Zhan used to record his readings snapped under his hands, as he was angry " What did you say? " Zhan questioned, Yibo smiled once again " I girl asked me out and she's cute so I want to go on this date as well " Zhan's expression fell, from anger it went to being sad. He couldn't think of anything else since his brain repeated and tried processing what Yibo said, that's literally anything his brain could think of for now. 

***

To Be Continued...

New Books coming soon::

( will be out as soon as I finish one of my YiZhan ff)