Chapter 20

Zhan's jaw dropped as he totally didn't expect this to happen "What?" Yibo who was not sure what had happened as his mind tried to contemplate 5 months was shocked by this as well "What?" Yibo too asked as both Yibo and Zhan looked at each other with an expression that had written confusion all over it.

Zifan walked over to Zhan to congratulate him "Finally, you are going to do what you've always wanted to do" Zifan said to which Zhan smiled sheepishly, he was still confused with all that was happening. Meanwhile, Yibo, who stood there like a third wheel, decided to leave the lab. As he was about to leave, Zhan noticed him walking out of the door "I'll be back" Zhan said to Zifan while going after Yibo. He walked faster and held Yibo by his shoulder. "Yibo" he called his name, while Yibo turned around "Hey all the best, I didn't know you applied for a 5 month internship, but we weren't that close anyway" Yibo smiled.

Zhan blinked in confusion "What? Is that all you got to say?" Zhan asked as he couldn't believe what Yibo was saying, Yibo shrugged "What more should I say? Oh! You should treat me for dinner, I sure will be expecting that" Yibo said, patting Zhan's shoulder, but Zhan shrugged it off "You won't miss me?" Zhan was sad that Yibo was oblivious of his feelings, anyone other than him would have guessed by now, but Yibo's obliviousness was frustrating Zhan.

"Of course I would, after you're gone, I would probably have no one to hang out with and have lunch with" Yibo said with a smile, but Zhan rolled his eyes, he mumbled getting in the elevator "Of course, you'll miss me for food, why would you miss me otherwise ?" Yibo narrowed his brows "What?" Yibo asked as he heard Zhan say something, but couldn't hear since Zhan said it in a low tone. "Nothing" Zhan said shrugging as he got inside the elevator, suddenly Yibo halted whisking his pockets, he had an expression of concussion on his face, he looked at Zhan who had already gone inside the elevator "Wait for second, I think I left my phone in the lab" Yibo said running back to the lab. Nut Zhan had other plans, he angrily pressed the button to close the doors of the elevator and decided to not wait for Yibo as he was angry with what Yibo had said.

Yibo who got his phone, noticed the elevator door being shut, he hurried to stop the door from closing "Zhan..." yet the door closed on his face, Yibo sighed pressing the elevator button once again "Real mature Zhan" Yibo mumbled waiting for the elevator to come up once again.

Meanwhile, Zhan pouted as he looked at his phone "You know I hate you" he said looking at his wallpaper which was that of a sleeping Yibo. "I hate that you don't get me but then again I muster my courage to say it to you then you bring the bullshit of a girl liking you and you wanting to give her a try" Zhan sighed keeping the phone back in his pocket. At that moment Zhan realized something, "Did I get inside the elevator alone?" he said panicking to the fact that he indeed had got inside the elevator alone and that he had realized it too late.

He quickly tried to press the buttons to the nearest floor, but unfortunately the elevator stopped, with a huge jerk, Zhan lost his balance and fell on his knees, the power was out and the last he saw was being stuck between the 3rd and 2nd floor. Zhan tried banging the elevator door to get anyone's attention, slowly the fear began to seep through Zhan, as he realized his worst nightmare repeating itself once again. He felt a tight grip upon his chest as though someone was choking him, preventing him from breathing.