Chapter 19

"Am I trying to steal someone else's lover?" he questioned himself as that was the guilt he felt. He knew the jealousy he had earlier was not for Zhan, but his crush whom Zhan had loved for so many years. He knew finally what he wanted, he wanted that love, that love given by Zhan, that love given by Zhan only for himself, all for himself. "I tried very hard to not label what I felt for you, but now that I want to embrace it you decide to leave me hanging?" Yibo said, hitting his head in frustration "This won't do! I have to do something about this!" Yibo said, holding his head in his head, even though he decided to do something about it, he didn't know what to do next.

The next day ...

Yibo paced back and forth outside the Forensic science department, he wasn't sure how to start a conversation with Zhan, he wanted to talk to him about the previous day, he did try texting him and calling him as well, but Zhan didn't reply to him. Hence he decided it would be best to talk to him face to face. Just as Yibo turned around he saw a group of people were coming out of the classroom, he understood the classes had ended hence he waited for Zhan by the door.

Yibo was eagerly looking for Zhan, his eyes shifted from one person to another as he was growing more and more impatient. Just as he was looking around, his gaze fell on Zhan, he happily took a step forward but then stopped on his tracks "Zifan?" Yibo mumbled as he was a bit taken back seeing Zhan's ex boyfriend Zifan along with Zhan . Just as he did Zifan looked at Yibo "Oh Yibo, what brings you here?" as soon as Yibo's name was called, Zhan looked at Yibo as well, he was surprised to see Yibo, but then the previous day's embarrassment crept to him as he turned his head around.

"I...What are you doing here?" Yibo then remembered that Zifan was from a different major, he was confused about what he was doing at the department of Forensic Science. Zifan smiled "I have a research topic which is closely connected to Forensic, hence I decided to attend a week's lecture so that I get an insight about it" Yibo nodded, but he focused back on Zhan "umm... Zhan, can you speak with you?" Zhan looked at him yet he was silent. Yibo stepped forward "I really want to talk to you". Just as Yibo was trying to make amends, Zifan stepped in between the two "Oh we were about to get lunch, do you want to join us?".

Yibo was honestly not comfortable with Zifan, but since this was his only chance to talk to Zhan, hence he nodded "Sure" he said, Zifan smiled "Excellent, let's go". Zifan and Zhan walked ahead, while Yibo quietly followed them behind as the three of them reached a local restaurant by their university.

Zhan sat down, while Yibo who was about to sit beside Zhan was stopped by Zifan who quickly sat down beside Zhan, making Yibo sit directly opposite to Zhan. "Eat anything you like, I'll pay" Zifan said while taking the menu. While Zhan looked at the menu as well, he occasionally stole glances at Yibo who was looking at him, Zhan immediately looked away, while Yibo sighed.

After the dinner ...