Chapter 16

As he did Zifan stood there laughing at Zhan's action, while Zhan picked up his pace still holding Yibo's hand, Yibo still had no idea what was going on but he quietly followed Zhan, knowing Zhan he might explain himself later. But somehow this made Yibo smile even though he was supposed to be concerned for Zhan.

After a while...

Even though Zhan was spending his time with Yibo, his mind was stuck elsewhere, Yibo who noticed a distraught upon Zhan's face knew that the person he had seen earlier was the reason behind his lost expression. He wanted to know about the person but he also was someone who respected other's privacy, hence he waited till Zhan himself spoke about it. That was when Zhan himself spoke as they were walking outside together "I'm sorry for what happened earlier" Zhan apologized in a low tone, it was not his usual tone which Yibo noticed and realized that the person they had seen earlier might have caused Zhan to be a bit off mood.

Yibo shook his head "It's alright" the atmosphere fell silent after a quick chit chat, but Zhan spoke once again "His name is Guo Zifan, he was my best friend and also my ex boyfriend" Yibo's jaws fell as soon as he heard 'ex boyfriend' he thought Zhan was never in love, or that's what he said except for having crush on someone from his high school, then suddenly it occurred to Yibo "Was that the guy you talk about? The one you have crush on?" Zhan looked at him confused while his initial confused was replaced by laughter as he laughed out loud "No, That is surely not him, he is actually a childhood friend of mine, even though we were friends for a long time we actually dated for an year, it was around the time I broke up with him that I met my crush in our school".

Yibo nodded "So he was from another school? Then how come you know him?" Zhan sighed "Family friends" Yibo nodded understanding what was going on "Then why did you broke up with him?" Zhan looked ahead and smiled "He was obsessed with me, whatever I did, he managed to put me down, controlling me and controlling everything I did, one day I decided enough was enough and I broke up with him, but we remained friends, even though he agreed to be friends he soon found out about my crush back when I was in school, that's when he went on to hurt my crush, when the news got to me, I did save my crush but he was already passed out, I knew this madness had to end and decided to end my friendship with Zifan and cut all my ties with him, in fact it had been seven years since last I had seen him and seeing him today makes me rethink of the condition my crush was in when he was beat up by him, it still angers me to think about him".

Yibo smiled as he looked at Zhan, he was quite surprised that even though Zhan had a bad relationship with his ex, he was mad not for the way his ex treated him but for the way his ex treated his crush "The person whom you have crush on is very lucky" Zhan looked at Yibo "What do you mean?" Yibo shrugged "I mean you clearly are not upset by your ex treating you bad but hurting your crush, this shows your genuine feelings for him, I think when one day you confess to your crush they might know and understand your true feelings for them and accept you" Zhan blushed thinking about what Yibo had said, Yibo had said those words without realizing it was him whom Zhan had a crush on and it made him happy hearing that one day when he would finally confess his love for Yibo, he might have a high chance getting accepted by him.

Both the men walked side by side, just then Zhan realized it might be too late for Yibo to go back to his dorm "Yibo...Do you want to stay at my house tonight? It's pretty late already" Yibo too realized it was getting late when he looked at the time in his phone, he sighed getting annoyed "Every time! Literally every time when I'm outside I loose track of time, I need some time management lessons" Zhan laughed "That might not save you as well" Yibo laughed nodding his head agreeing to the point made by Zhan "Is it okay if I stayed at your place tonight?" Yibo asked to which Zhan nodded "Sure, let's go" he said as the two of them walked towards Zhan's house.

Later ...

Zhan had given Yibo a pair of pants and tshirt to change, reheating some food both of them had finished their dinner. As usual Yibo set the couch for him to sleep. It wasn't his first time staying over at Zhan's place, hence he exactly knew where he would sleep. Zhan sat beside him in the opposite couch "You sure know exactly what to do in my house?" Yibo laughed sitting down "This isn't exactly my first time over here" Zhan nodded smiling "If you want we can share my bed, it's a pretty big bed and two people can comfortably sleep there" Zhan offered. Yibo coughed upon hearing Zhan's offer, "umm...Its...umm...alright" he said while his face heated up, Zhan looked at his expression and laughed "Did you think of something else?" Zhan smirked to which Yibo stammered to answer.

It was the first time he had seen Yibo in such a state which made it even more funnier seeing Yibo getting flustered after Zhan understood what Yibo was thinking in his mind "Alright I was just joking, you can relax" he said getting up. Yibo got over his initial embarrassment and began speaking once again "Zhan do you know the university scare fest?" Zhan hummed sitting back in the couch "The blind dating event which is conducted as a haunted house theme right?" Yibo nodded "Have you been to it?" Zhan shook his head.

 "Neither have I... But this year I decided I would go either way even if I don't have lover, since its a couple event and need two person to enter I decided to go along with Ziyi, but she..." Yibo faked his cry as he thought about Ziyi which made Zhan snicker a laugh "She decided to go along with Xuan-jie" Zhan nodded "Yeah~ Jie did tell me, she was pretty excited to go on a date with Ziyi, seems like those two are dating for real" Yibo nodded agreeing to what Zhan said.

"Exactly! And because of this she ditched me to with Xuan-jie" Zhan hummed "So what do you want me to do? Should I stop jie?"Yibo shook his head "No, I think Ziyi deserves to go on a date, I'm happy for it, what am trying to say is....Do you...Want to go with me?" Zhan's face lit up as soon as he heard Yibo ask him for the event, his eyes glisten with joy since he never thought Yibo would ask him out, especially for this event. This event was special on its own as it not only made new couples but also brings two people closer, hence it was also known as blind date event even though it originally was supposed to be a horror fest.

The room was silent for a minute or two and Yibo was going anxious, he thought he might have offended Zhan by asking him to come to such an event, he decided to clear up the misunderstanding "Don't worry, I'm not asking you on a date if that's what you're worrying about, I merely just want to enjoy a haunted house with you since I thought it would be fun because this year's fest was set up near the abandoned building which they had converted into a fake cemetery for this fest" he went explaining. Zhan laughed hearing Yibo's explanation, he was by no means offended by Yibo but in fact found this naïve nature of Yibo to be cute "Okay I will come with you" Yibo stopped speaking and looked at him, he smiled happily after hearing what Zhan had said "Okay then, I'll text you about the time and place to meet on the day of the event" Yibo said to which Zhan aggreged.

"Goodnight" Zhan wished Yibo as Yibo hummed wishing him goodnight. Both Yibo's and Zhan's heart raced thinking about the event to come, Zhan was excited to get more opportunities to spend with Yibo outside the university. Meanwhile Yibo was excited to be able to finally go to the event, but there was a worry in the corner of his heart, like something was striking him within him, Yibo wasn't quite able to put his finger on it, this feeling wasn't new him as he previously had them numerous time, in fact everyone had this feeling inside them, Yibo pulled the blanket to closer to him and sighed deep in thoughts "Am I jealous for Zhan or for his crush? Why though?" he questioned himself neither knowing whom he was jealous for nor the reason for his jealousy.

***

To Be Continued ...