Chapter 24

Zhan took out his phone and called someone "Jie~ I ended everything" Zhan said with tears flowing down his eyes, Xuan spoke in a soft voice from the other end "I know it hurts, but stay strong" Zhan hummed through his tears.

Two days later ...

"Yibo!Where have you been? I have been calling you for the past two days, you missed classes and no one could get hold of you, what happened?" Ziyi enquired Yibo as he walked beside her, she huffed in anger, while Yibo continued to walk ahead of her as if nothing had happened. "I'm asking you! Are you alright?" she held his hand, while he hummed in response. The thing was Yibo was so stuck in his mind, that he had decided a break from everything was what he needed, hence he cooped up in his dorm room and avoided everyone at all cost, his mind was totally in chaos all he needed was someone to talk with and lately he felt relief if he talked with Zhan, but after what Zhan had said the other day, Yibo felt he had lost his only friend even when Ziyi was still beside him.

Yibo sighed before answering "I'm alright Ziyi" he said, while gently patting her shoulder, Ziyi shook her head "You are not, is something bothering you? Did Meiyu do anything?" Ziyi questioned, even though she completely forgot that Yibo had been dating, she almost remembered it, Yibo chuckled and shook his head "No and I'm alright, I was just exhausted and needed a small break" even though Ziyi was not satisfied with Yibo's answer, she decided to let it go since Yibo clearly didn't want to talk about it, maybe if she could try again when he feels alright, he might tell her "Alright~" she said walking beside him.

An hour later ...

"Yibo", Yibo had just finished his morning lecture and decided to go to the library to get some books for his research, as he walked to library, he head a familiar voice calling for him to which he sighed since he knew the voice belonged to an annoying person, he halted while the person stood in front of him "Hi Zifan, what brings you here?" he said internally rolling his eyes. Yibo was already confused regarding Zhan and the last person he wanted to see was the most irritating person for him aka Zifan.

Zifan smirked at him "If you are not busy, can you spare me a couple of minutes? I won't take much of your time" Zifan said, still smirking at him. Yibo sighed and looked at his phone to check the time. "I guess, I can spare a minute or two," Zifan nodded. "We can sit and talk," he pointed to the bench. Yibo nodded and walked along with Zifan. The two of them sat down, for a couple of seconds there was a dead silence as neither of the two spoke, but then Yibo decided to break the awkward atmosphere "So... What is it you wanted to talk about ?" he asked as Zifan looked at him.

"You know, Zhan is leaving in couple of days and he might not come for a very long time and if luck is with him, he will apply for higher education over in US and might not come back to China altogether" Zifan said with a cocky look on his face "I know" Yibo replied with no emotions on his face. "So you should also be aware that I'm joining him on this trip, since I'm doing my research in US" Zifan said with a proud look on his face. As soon as Yibo heard Zifan said the news, Yibo looked at Zifan furiously "What?! You're doing your research along with Zhan?".