Chapter 21

By now a ruffling sound occurred, the maintenance workers had started their work, with the emergency key they managed to open the elevator door. Yibo stretched his hand since the elevator was stuck in between the floor, Zhan had to crawl out of the available space. With one go Yibo pulled Zhan, but the force by which he pulled him was so intense that it caused Zhan to stumble and fall right into Yibo's arms. Yibo looked at Zhan and smiled, pulling him in his arm "You'll see" he said, hugging him even more tightly, Zhan smiled, humming as reply while continuing to hug him.

The next morning ...

Zhan couldn't sleep the entire night thinking of what had happened the previous day, the feelings Yibo had were almost that of having feelings for him, but Zhan wasn't sure if that was true or not. But either way it made him happy that Yibo was starting to show a more affectionate side. He quickly hurried with his breakfast and decided to go to university a bit earlier than usual.

Time skip...

On his way to university, Zhan smiled at the thoughts of Yibo. It almost made him feel as though he was drunk even though he was sober. As he was walking, he felt a hand slide into his own, Zhan smiled and turned around hoping it was Yibo, but was startled seeing the man in front of him "Zifan!" Zifan shrugged, pulling Zhan closer, while Zhan shook his hand off his hand "Why? You were happy a couple of seconds ago, now you aren't huh? Seem like you hoped it was someone else rather than me" Zifan said, cocking his eyebrows up, Zhan rolled his eyes "I don't see where this was your business?" Zifan chuckled "But you seem to like it when Yibo does it, is it a personal thing? Or just Yibo stuff?" Zhan rolled his eyes once again "Again, it's none of your business, I'm getting late to class" Zhan walked ahead, while Zifan slowly walked behind him.

"How's your preparations going for the US? Are you ready?" Zifan asked, trying to bring in the small talks to reduce the tense atmosphere. "Not sure..." Zifan curiously leaned in "What do you mean ?" Zhan shrugged once again "Not sure if I want to go to the US" Zifan held him by his shoulder making Zhan face him "Are you mad?! This is like a once in a lifetime opportunity and you want to throw it away for someone who doesn't even like you that way?" Zifan asked, Zhan gulped "How..." Zifan stopped Zhan before he could speak any further "Anyone can easily guess how you feel for Yibo, it's only him who doesn't know it yet, that wooden head still can't figure it out".

Zhan sighed "Don't call him that" Zifan rolled his eyes "Fine! But do you have any idea what you are talking about right now?! Are you the same Zhan who said he would achieve his dream no matter what and do whatever it takes to achieve it? Cause I feel like that Zhan has long gone" Zhan dropped his head as he was in no position to answer Zifan, somehow Zhan knew Zifan was right. Even though Yibo showed some emotions that didn't mean he liked him in the same way Zhan liked Yibo.

"Look Zifan I'm in no position to answer that for you and no I'm not doing this for someone else but for myself, I don't know if its the right time for me to go to US since I'm not sure myself if this is what I want to do" Zifan left Zhan's hand and walked ahead "I think you're lying to yourself and to your dream" these words felt like an arrow to his heart, yet he wasn't ready to accept them just yet.