Chapter 23

Yibo looked at Zhan and then looked at the cover in his hand "What's that in the cover Zhan?" Yibo asked curiously, diverting the topic. Zhan looked at the cover and then looked back at Yibo "Oh...This is for you" without saying anything further Zhan turned around ready to leave. "Where are you going?" Yibo asked as Zhan slowly turned around "I'm leaving" Yibo chuckled "Yeah you are but st..." Zhan shook his head "No you don't understand, I'm leaving for US" Yibo was stunned "When...." before Yibo could say anything, Zhan spoke once again "Next week" Yibo's heart sunk "In seven days ?" Zhan nodded "I have to go" Zhan said walking away from Yibo.

A few hours later ...

"I can't believe Zhan-ge is leaving for the US, I mean I get it that it's his future, but... To imagine him not being here with us for a long time makes me sad" Ziyi said, sighing as she sipped her cold coffee. Ziyi sighed once again while diverting her eyes on Yibo who seemed awfully quiet "Yibo!" she called his name, as he snapped back looking at her totally lost and confused "Sorry...What were you saying?" he asked while blinking at her cluelessly. "I was... never mind, are you thinking about Meiyu?" she asked not sure why Yibo looked confused. Yibo was not really ready to say that he was actually thinking about Zhan, because he himself had no idea what was bothering him regarding Zhan, hence he nodded his head.

"Maybe it's for the good, Zhan-ge might get some exposure, don't you think?" she asked to which Yibo simply nodded his head. "Sorry Ziyi, I have a headache, I'm calling it a day, see you tomorrow" he said getting up, Ziyi looked up at Yibo and nodded "Sure, take rest and take some medicines if possible. I'll call you later" Yibo nodded, waving her goodbye. Yibo's mind was churning with a lot of thoughts, which made his head ache.

A while later ...

Xuan had dropped by the university to meet up with Ziyi, she decided to wait near her car as she texted Ziyi informing that she was in the university, to which Ziyi had cutely replied with a heart eye emoji. After thirty minutes, Ziyi's class ended while she found her way to Xuan and with a smile on her face, she got inside the car, kissing Xuan on her cheeks "Hey love~" Ziyi said in a low tone, while Xuan smiled as she slightly pinched Ziyi's cheeks "Ouch-What was that for?" Ziyi asked confused as to why Xuan pinched her cheeks, Xuan smirked "That was for not contacting me for a week" as soon as Ziyi heard Xuan complain, she scooted closer and hugged Xuan.

"I'm sorry babe, semester exams were killing me, now that I'm finally free with them, I'll make it upto you" She said, hugging her from the side. Xuan smiled and started the car, while Ziyi wore her seatbelts, as Xuan was about to start the car, Ziyi remembered the incident from earlier "Oh, I guess Zhan-ge is going to US" Ziyi said. As soon as she said that Xuan stopped the car and turned towards her "What?!" Xuan asked clearly a look of confusion on her face.

Ziyi shrugged "Yeah, I met Zhan-ge a while ago and he said he was planning to leave to US by next week, you didn't know about this?" Ziyi asked while Xuan shook her head "No, cause he clearly said he wasn't planning to do his internship in US and he was looking for companies here in Shanghai, why did he change his mind though?" Ziyi shrugged "Did something happen?" Xuan asked to which Ziyi shook her head "Not sure, maybe he decided to grab the opportunity" Ziyi suggested while Xuan sighed, she knew Zhan wouldn't have done that and clearly something might have happened to him that might have pushed him to change his mind.