Chapter 22

As Zhan didn't hear Yibo say anything, he asked once again "Yibo~ Isn't the sea beautiful?" he asked, turning towards Yibo. While Yibo hummed "Yes...Beautiful" he said looking straight at Zhan, while Zhan smiled and looked back at the sea. Yibo sat there almost looking like a statue, he held his chest and looked back at the sea, not only Zhan, it seemed like Yibo too had some thinking to do on his part.

"Since you took me to beach, let me treat you with dinner" Zhan and Yibo were coming back from beach, it was after a very long time that Zhan was able to enjoy under all that stress, pressure and the final year project that he was working on, a ride to beach was something refreshing for him and to be cherry on top of cake l, Yibo was the one who had taken him to the beach. Yibo smiled which Zhan caught a glimpse of from the rear view mirror, seeing him smile made him smile as well. Yibo nodded "Where are we going to get dinner from ?".

Zhan shrugged "What do you mean from where? I'm the one cooking, Bo" he said in a sweet tone, but then realized he had called Yibo as Bo to which he nervously fiddled his fingers. Yibo chuckled which made Zhan peak curiously behind his shoulder "I'm sorry" Zhan apologized, to which Yibo shook his head "It's cute when you call me Bo" he said smiling once again, Zhan heaved a sigh of relief seeing Yibo was comfortable.

An hour later ....

"You can refresh if you want, I'll quickly make something to eat" Zhan said walking towards the kitchen. Yibo nodded and began looking for the bathroom. It had been quite some time and he forgot where the bathroom was. He opened a couple of doors and finally opened Zhan's bedroom, it was a plain and simple looking one something he didn't expect from Zhan "I thought he might have a mini library and stuff being a nerd that he is" he said chuckling as he looked around the pictures that were on top of Zhan's cupboard "Aww, look at him in those braces" Yibo looked at one picture at a time and couldn't help but laugh at how adorable a kid version of Zhan was.

As he looked around his eyes fell on Zhan's high school picture, the picture wasn't anything special except Zhan still looked handsome, but what caught Yibo's eyes was that Zhan stood with Zifan, with Zhan's hand draping Zifan's shoulders. "This jerk is everywhere!" He said putting the picture down so that it wasn't visible anymore. He quickly used the bathroom and went back to the dining area where Zhan was setting the table for dinner. "You made sushi?".

Zhan shook his head as he laughed "I just managed to make some noodles, sushi is just the takeout" he said, placing the chopsticks and beer on the table. Yibo sat opposite to Zhan as they both began eating "Honestly the noodles that you made are much better than the takeout sushi" Yibo complimented making Zhan laugh.

There was silence once again and that could be heard was the sounds of them chewing and slurping the beer occasionally. "So..."Yibo spoke, making Zhan look up "What's the story of you and Zifan?" Yibo asked to which Zhan shrugged "Just a best friend turned boyfriend and a boyfriend turned ex" Yibo rolled his eyes "I know that, I mean, what's like the backstory, how did you guys meet and stuff?"

Zhan looked up and hummed "umm... Where to start.... Zifan is a family friend of ours, his mother and my mother were childhood friends and this is how me and Zifan happened to be close to each other and since we knew each other for all our life we were naturally friends, in fact me and Zifan used to be a lot closer than what we are now" Yibo nodded "How come you started dating then?" Yibo asked curiously, Zhan smiled.

"When I was in high school I realized I might be into guys more than girls, it was when I saw a guy who made me sure that I was in fact not confused about my sexuality, so I naturally talked to Zifan about it and that's when he said that he had always liked me and if I wanted he would love to date me, since I never dated, dating my best friend seemed liked a good idea, but when we started dating I could see Zifan taking over the relationship, I wanted something casual, but he wanted to be serious, I started to like that guy from school more and more and I realized I won't be able to keep the relationship with Zifan anymore hence we broke up, but he couldn't take it, so we ended both our relationship and our friendship"