Gwendolyn Cerine Diamante Dixon

This is a work of fiction. Names, characters, businesses, places, events, and incidents are either the products of the author's imagination or used in a fictitious manner. Any resemblance to an actual person whether living or dead or actual events is purely coincidental.

——-

P R O L O G U E

started: January 4, 2023
ended: January 20, 2024

started: January 4, 2023ended: January 20, 2024

Gwendolyn Cerine Diamante Dixon

We all have secrets in life.

We all have secrets that we've always kept to ourselves because we know that is better that way, or because it is the only way to save yourself from any situation.

Sometimes we also keep them to not hurt anyone or anyone just important in our life.

"Ms. Dixon, they've arrived."

"Alright."

Especially in this world that I'm living at, it is important to keep secrets, sometimes these secrets turn into lies.

I was born fortunate with the kind of family I have.

Dixons, we are known for a lot of things but one thing for sure is we are one of the wealthiest and most popular families there is in the Philippines.

We have thousands of businesses running and almost hundreds of thousands of investments and shares across the country.

"Check the kitchen and make sure that there won't be any problem with the food, ask Maria to also check the tables. I don't want to make a mistake here, this is important."

"Yes, Ms. Dixon."

And that's why we have to be careful.

There are a lot of people who want to be like us or want to kill us. We have to keep secrets to protect our family.

But of course, there are secrets that only my twin sister knows. Karine knows too much about me, which means she knows every secret I have.

I do have a secret that I didn't tell her and yet she figured it out herself.

Am I that obvious?

I guess, when it comes to emotions I am obvious. It's just not me.

I stood up right in front of the opened door of our mansion with the maids by my side to greet our visitors.

The one that Karine figured out was something I wanted to keep to myself forever.

"Welcome, Mr. and Mrs. Maddox."

Behind the beautiful married couple is a much taller man with wide shoulders and prominent proportions enough to take any person's breath away--as he did to me a long time ago.

He's wearing a dress shirt that's pretty tight and to be honest, it doesn't give his body any justice.

Wearing that smile of his as always, the same smile that I wanted to cherish and keep to myself forever.

"Cerine, it is nice to meet you again! You've grown! Oh gosh!"

"Thank you, Mrs. Maddox, I appreciate it."

"Buti ka pa at naging mature ka, Cerine. Our son is still the same boy as before."

"Papa! Don't embarrass me in here!" he whispered to his father.

I want to smile even wider but no, I had to keep my composure and show that I've changed completely.

See, I can't help but smile when it comes to him. I just can't help it.

Our eyes met and my hands formed into tight fists to hold back myself from falling into his eyes again, I have to hold it back. I have to.

"Cerine, it's nice to meet you again, long time no see." he smiled.

Karine used to tell me that no matter how perfect and strong an individual is, it is impossible that they don't have their own weakness, just like how Superman has his weakness which is kryptonite.

The secret that Karine had figured out is my weakness.

It's him.

He's always been my weakness.

He's always been the only person that made me fall to my knees every single time.

He's always been the only person that made me want to drown in those gorgeous pair of blue eyes.

He's always been the only person I've dreamt of for years.

"Yeah."

He's my secret, my only secret that no one must ever find out.

"Long time no see, Felix."

The secret that my heart has always screamed your name, Felix.

.

.

.

HEART THAT SCREAMS YOUR NAME
DIXON BLOODLINE #2