Chapter One: He, Who Started It All

I didn't think that I would be this bothered and sleepy due to the ten-hour flight I had to go through.

Hindi ako madalas na ma-Jetlag, I actually love being in planes because I know we would get to our destination, it's a good feeling for me.

But I couldn't sleep properly during the whole flight thanks to Aster and Noel being the loud siblings that they are. I tried to sleep but I couldn't do it and for some reason, Karine got to sleep next to me.

Nakatulog naman din ako pagdating namin sa bahay ng kamaganak namin na nakatira dito, I slept soundly for hours and I loved it, it was one of the best sleeps I've had so far in this trip.

I sat on the bench with my two layers of jacket and a cup of hot chocolate in my hands.

The sun is out and shining on us while Noel and Aster are playing again, I bet Norvina is also experiencing the same thing since she lives in Norvina.

For me, a good, bright sun means a beautiful day.

And yet I'm here wearing a two layers of jackets and sweatpants.

Sa ngayon mainit pero alam ko na mamaya lalamig pagpunta na'min sa Mauna Kea kaya kinailangan kong magsuot ng dalawa jacket just in case.

Our parents took us on a trip here in Hawai'i, we stayed in Honolulu for a day before another flight here in Big Island.

It's not my first time, our first time here, I actually love the L & L here and the Chinese food too, I'm also obsessed with the other food here.

I usually shop for makeup here too but Aster is worst than me, she once bought $1000 worth of makeup, that's crazy.

Napagalitan siya pagkatapos ni Karine, tawa lang din si Noel and mom was frustrated with Aster's overspending. I had to comfort Aster everytime, she's my younger sister and I love her, kahit na mali siya mahal ko pa rin siya.

And Karine would get upset at me afterwards.

"Mali siya, Cerine!"

"I know..." I smiled and gave Karine a pat on the back.

"...but she's our younger sister, she's only thirteen, let her be, she will learn and mature just like you--"

"Me? 'Di naman ako gano'n!"

Sometimes Karine doesn't realize that she's just like Aster, but because Karine already knows what she is and what she can do, she's matured a bit, but she's still the same, my lovely twin sister.

"You're too soft on her, Gwendolyn."

I sighed, chuckling after.

"I love her, Odelette. Just like how I love you, Noel, and everyone in our family. I can't help myself."

"Tsk, that's the problem..." she turned around before whispering a sentence and left me here sitting on the bench.

"...you love too much."

Maybe she's right.

I guess I've always been like this from the moment I was born.

I love our father who tried his best as the head of the family and also his best as our dear father who loved us so truly and so much.

I love our mother who stood right next to our father as they both ruled our family, took care of her children equally and loved us all with understanding, and cared about us too.