Chapter Sixteen: It Must Stay That Way

"So...?"

Naiinis ako.

'Di ako naiinis sa kanya, naiinis ako sa sarili ko kakatitig sa labi niya, kakaisip kung hanggang kailan pa ba 'ko kailangang manatili dito sa cafe kasama niya.

The more I stay with him, the more I want to look at his eyes, his freckles, then his lips... and then his fucking neck, nababaliw ako.

Naka-tatlong inom na 'ko ng kape, medyo naiihi na 'ko pero kaya ko pa naman.

This is bad.

This is really bad.

"How are you?"

Really?

Yun pa rin ang tanong niya?

Hanggang ngayon?

I literally drank three cups of coffee in the span of twenty minutes, he's already asked me the same question and he asked it again.

"Sorry I... you won't talk to me, so..." utal siyang dagdag.

I did talk to him!

I'm getting even more frustrated. Nagpapasalamat talaga ako na nasa publiko kaming lugar, dahil kung nasa banyo kami o sa kung ano mang lugar na kaming dalawa lang, there might be a round 2.

"No... I should be the one apologizing. I slapped you. I shouldn't have done that."

Wala akong magawak ung 'di sampalin siya, kung 'di ko siya sinampal ba ka sa banyo na kami no'n at nakaluhod ako sa pagitan ng hita niya.

You know what I mean, it's bad, it's that bad.

Once you've gotten a taste, you will want more, you want the whole thing.

And once you tasted the whole thing, you'll want it again, and again... and again.

"No, tama ka, you did the right thing. Kung 'di mo 'ko sinampal... baka..." he paused, bringing his back to me, his eyes are a bit intense and somewhat... seductive.

Nope, nope.

I'm not doing this.

"...baka ano?"

I am crazy.

He licked his upper lip and that was it, I knew it was bad, I knew that this... this is going to a bad path and I do not want that.

Friends-with-benefits is the worst.

'Di ko kakayanin yo'n.

I would only hope for an actual relationship even though he doesn't want that. Iiyak nanaman ako, ilang taon na 'kong 'di umiiyak tapos iiyak nanaman ulet ako?

Aasarin lang ako ni Karine at ni Aster, Aster even knows it now.

See what I'm saying?

"You know what I mean, Cerine."

"Then... it's your problem, Felix." sabat ko sa kanya at ininom yong pangatlo kong baso ng kape.

"Don't tell me you didn't like it?"

"Like what?"

"Kissing me."