Chapter 13

HAPPY HALLOWEEN EVERYONE!

Can you tell i started then got real lazy and didn't finish?

Lydia: 22 weeks Amber: 18 weeks

Lydia's POV

"You can't be serious?" Anna disappointedly yelled from across the hall as Luke and i walked into the school. As soon as she saw my costume it was like the soul inside her evaporated.

"What's wrong with it?' I was a little hurt by how offended she was by it.

"I think she looks great." Luke said with his cheesy little smile as he walked past to join the boys. Anna shushed him waving her hand in his face. It was easy for the boys. It was Halloween yes but it was also game day. They had to wear their jerseys no matter what and they all just decided to do a hoard of zombies. I did Luke's makeup in the parking lot this morning. That's how easy it was. Just eyeliner, eyeshadow and fake blood. Anne had to wear her uniform too but was not allowed costume makeup so i was the only one allowed to actually dress up for Halloween.

"You look adorable but you could have been anything except the most used pregnancy costume. You promised me style and class."

"It was this or Endgame Thor." Anna stopped thinking for a second before her shoulders dropped.

"I accept Pooh Bear." She stepped aside pulling me into the hoard of boys crowded together. Luke wrapped his arms around me pulling my back to him as his hands went on my stomach. We have been pretty good the past couple weeks. Everyone outside our friend group has been judging us. Calum started and ended dating this one girl within a week because all she wanted to talk about was how disgusted she was with Luke and how stupid i was for forgiving him. For the record, he is not forgiven. He is earning me back.

"Did you ever snag a field pass for me tonight?" I said looking straight at Michael. His magic slight of hand better have worked for something. He put his hand in his pocket pulling out a plastic pass with my name printed on it attached to a red lanyard.

"I didn't even have to steal it. Coach gave it up without a fight. Said you can get on the field until the end of the season." I grabbed it looking down at my name with pride. I have always been on the field with the boys. Cheering next to Anna. Now that Luke and i are trying to fix this, it will feel good to cheer him on again.

"Player sponsor: Lucas Hemmings." I heard a groan from behind me and i could just feel Luke rolling his eyes. For some reason, Lucas was his least favorite name. "You know. Lucas Jr. actually has a good ring to it."

"No it doesn't." He said so fast moving his thumb over my stomach. "We chose Kian and now it's too late."

Amber's POV

"Why did you drag me here?" Jace said with his hands shoved into his pockets. The idea of seeing Luke play made him sick. Every game day he has been fighting it and suddenly decided to play along.

"It would be a good idea for me to be seen around Luke so that his family gets more comfortable with me."

"And why do i need to be here?" I turned to him making my eyes wider. "What? Doesn't it look bad that your test results aren't back and your walking around your school with a new guy?"

"I'm allowed to have friends, Jace. She has three guys following her around everywhere and giving her everything she needs at the snap of her fingers. That's at school alone." He got closer to me grinning.

"Has she slept with any of them since she's gotten pregnant?" I rolled my eyes at him turning back around.

"If anyone asks, you're gay." I heard a protest starting to come from him but raised my finger up to stop him from talking before i got to the ticket taker. She gave us the stank eye as she tore my ticket and handed it back to me. I responded with a passive aggressive grin. Jace followed me silently as i searched the stands for the closest free place by Luke's family. Three of them, his parents and brother, were sitting right in the middle bundled up in their school sweatshirts and his brother was wearing his old jersey over one. One row up was the closest place. I saw the look in Liz's eyes when she saw me. Sympathetic but alarmed. She didn't expect me to be here. She didn't want me to be here. I zeroed in on the area behind them going to rush over and take it. Once she realized i was there, i saw her hook her arm around her husbands.