Chapter 14

Lydia: 23 weeks Amber: 19 weeks

Ambers POV

I have to admit. It was nice knowing that the whole paternity issue had already passed up. There was only a moment when I thought it could still come back that Jace was Skylars dad but no. It's Luke. The tall, handsome quarterback whose parents can't help but to help. They can't help but fix his mistakes. That's how they ended up sitting across from my father negotiating my daughters whole life. "Your son is still planning on going to North Carolina?" My dad asked with a slightly disgusted look on his face. Andrew took a deep breath out before straightening up.

"His success in school will benefit Skylar greatly. Don't you agree?"

"So he gets my girl pregnant and is just going to leave her to take care of the kid alone?" Andrew definitely took offense to this. It is his son's life and future we're talking about as well as mine.

"Dad. They have a plan." I stepped in as an attempt to make it seem like I was a better person then they thought I was. "You have a plan right?" I looked at Luke from the corner of my eye.

"I can't just not go to college, Amber." He leaned n hovering over the table a bit.

"So you are going to leave me alone?"

"We will be available for as much help as you need from us." Liz said with her hands still in her lap. She looked terrified. As she should be in this circumstance.

"What about child support payments?" My eyes went wide looking at my dad. In the end of the day, money is what we were in this for. I just didn't think my father would be the one to ask about it. "You can't expect my kid to pay for everything by herself. She wants to go to school too."

"50/50 custody with Luke then and, when he is gone for school, Andrew and I will care for our granddaughter during his time." Liz said completely out of the blue. She shocked us all. Including her own family. "That way. Skylar will be cared for while Amber works for a degree. Reevaluate when Luke graduates."

"So he gets off easy." They were trying not to tell my dad about Lydia. The fact being that he will still be a father in North Carolina. Just not to our daughter. "He needs to work and send her money. That's the only way we will agree."

"I'll do it." Luke said before his parents could even try to get him out of it. "If I have to sleep only three hours a day. I'll work and go to school. Send Amber anything that I can."

"Baby." Liz said reaching out for him but he pulled away.

"It will be hard but I will have football paying for school and I saved up for housing. I work so that Amber can take care of our daughter. It's my job isn't it?" Andrew nodded.

"If you both agree then it's settled." I froze. If Jace was in my ear, he would tell me to press him for more. Press all of them for more. But looking at them I couldn't help but back down. They are just a normal family that just happen to have money. I can't do this.

"It's settled." My father stood up shaking Andrew's hand. "Get up." He had a disappointing tone. I did what he said looking at my hands. We started to walk out but Luke jumped up from his chair following us in the hall.

"Mr. Lacey." My dad stopped turning around to look at Luke. The look he gave him seemed like he was going to kill him. "Can I just have a minute with Amber? It will only be a minute." My dad looked at me then back at Luke before nodding.