Chapter 16

I'm skipping

January

Amber: 31 weeks Lydia: 35 weeks

Luke's POV

"I am grateful." Amber said sitting cross legged on the bed. My mother was sitting at the end laying out the presents she got Sky from the after Christmas sales. I think my mother was secretly looking forward to helping me raise a daughter. It's just hard for her having to split her affections when she has so much already invested in Lydia.

"I gave your father the check for insurance. You and the baby." She barely looked up from the bodysuits and dresses being placed on the bed. Amber looked up at me with a tone of anger in her eyes.

"Could I talk to Luke?" Amber leaned back on her hands. My mom looked up at me waiting for my response. I just nodded.

"I'm going to help the boys unload." I completely forgot that they were outside. Unloading Skylars crib from the truck. My mom stood up walking out the door. I reached out making sure the door was closed.

"What are you mad about now?" It has been over a month of this. My parents give her money and she has some issue with it.

"Why does my father have the insurance money?" My jaw dropped. She's mad about her dad now.

"We're too young to deal with it ourselves."

"I can deal with it." Her voice shook a bit as she forced herself up from the bed. I flinched forward to help her but she held her hand up. "I need to be the one in charge of it."

"Why?" She hesitated.

"We can't trust my dad." I took a deep breath trying to stay calm. "He'll end up using for literally anything else."

"Youre telling me this now." There was a knock on her door.

"Amber. Why are there three guys and an old lady outside?" I know that voice.

"Why is he always here?" Amber crossed her arms over her chest straightening up to her full capacity.

"Jace is my friend Luke."

"I don't want him near Skylar."

"I don't want Lydia with Skylar." I rolled my eyes trying not to laugh. "Don't."

"It's different. Lydia and I are having her brother. She has to be around her."

"So I have to be around Kian."

"Eventually. Yes." There was another loud bang on the door.

"Amber." Jace yelled making me spring into action grabbing the doorknob and pulling the door open. Jace jumped back. Coincidentally going straight into Ashton's chest. "Woah." He said stepping back to the middle of us.

"Hey Jace." I put a fake smile on looking sideways to Amber. Somehow, hearing him raise his voice at her did something to me. Really pissed me off. I stepped closer grabbing onto his arm. "If you ever yell at Amber or show even the slightest amount of aggression towards her, me and my friends," I motioned towards Ashton and the others who were now following behind with boxes. "We can make life very hard for you. Starting with a chronic dislocation of your kneecap." Ashton pulled in a sharp breath clearly letting me get my point across but also because he had seen the injury before and although not completely disabling, it can cause a lot of discomfort.

"Since when did you give a fuck about Amber?"  I backed away turning to Amber still holding on tight to Jaces arm

"See that?" I pointed at Ambers stomach. "In there is my daughter. My little girl." I raised my finger towards Amber herself. "This is her mother. Nothing and I do mean nothing, will ever cause either one of them harm as long as I live. Got that?" Jace nodded now completely intimidated by the three football players standing behind him. "Leave Jace. I don't want to see your face." I pushed him away forcing him to find his own way through my friends.