Chapter 17

Lydia: 36 weeks. Amber: 32 weeks.

Lydia's POV

"Wow. How creepy is that?" Calum said pushing into my stomach while Kian pushed back with his foot. "Like a little alien."

"If you saw the 3D scan you would know he is one." Luke said jokingly earning a punch in the arm by Anna. "What? Shouldn't I get one free pass when it's my own kid?" We were all sitting in a circle on the grass quad. It was more comfortable for me to sit these days. Kian being gigantic and all. Pushing against my hips and spine. Kian gave one more kick forcing Calum to retreat his hand finally. Their favorite pastime after football season seems to be taking turns saying hi to Kian and reminding him he has far too many uncles.

"He's only an alien because he looks like you." Luke smirked sending a wink my way. We've been perfect together lately. Little to no problems coming our way. Planning everything with more agreements. As if we were always on the same page.  As if on cue, the sound of an engine backfiring sounded off and we all turned to see Amber getting out of her father's car. Her personal big belly in tow. Luke looked at her then to me. I nodded and he jumped up to go be with her. Michael, the right hand man he is, following close behind. Part of it is that I still get that ping in my heart when she is alone with him. As if, even though he had probably said it a million times at this point, he may still decide to be with her. After all, she is his daughter's mother.

"How are you so calm?" Anna asked as soon as he was out of ear shot.

"It's for his daughter. I have no business telling him what he can and cannot do for Amber and Skylar."

"I'll still judge him." Ashton said spinning his ball in his hands. Anything to keep him busy. "He may still be my best friend and Skylar may be the groups girl but Kian and you are..." he trailed off before finishing. "Different."

"Poetic." Anna said scoffing.

"It's true though. There's always going to be something that distinguishes you from her and him from his sister." Calum explained. "We just might love you guys more."

"You only say that because you don't know Skylar yet. You've been kicked by Kian constantly." The bell rang triggering us all to spring to action. Ashton immediately walked over helping me off the ground, exchanging our goodbyes before Anna and I walked toward the front of the school.

"Positive note?" Anna blurted out as we walked through the doors of the school. I nodded urging her to continue. To be honest, I wanted to focus on not falling over. "Final baby shower details are set. Saturday is going to be the best gender inclusive baby shower the world has ever seen." She really just meant that the boys were invited. I guess that's the rules when the baby is a boy. Like I would know.

"I love your enthusiasm but do I really need a baby shower?"

"Yes. You think I would let my best friend have a baby without a shower?" I looked away for a second catching at the corner of my eye Amber standing in front of the daycare center. "What's wrong?"

"You go ahead. Tell them I'm waddling." I didn't even wait for Anna to answer before I started walking away.

Amber's POV

I climbed out of my dads car gently trying not to lose my balance. It didn't even take a second after I closed the door for him to drive away. Causing the whole quad to notice me. I decided to ignore them walking towards the front of the school. "Amber." I heard being called towards me and before I could even react Luke was coming up next to me followed closely behind by his resident side kick, Michael. "Hey." I have to admit. His smile is intoxicating to the point where I just want it to stay there no matter what.

"Hey." I looked from him to Michael who was just hanging closely behind him.

"Can we help you with that?" He already started reaching for my backpack before I could answer. Not that I wasn't going to let him take on the weight while I carry the baby. The bag was of course deflected by him into Michaels arms. "I wanted to ask you something."

"I do t think I get to say no to that really." I had already started walking towards the front doors making them follow behind me.

"I just wanted to ask what our plan is when she comes." I looked at him confused.

"We have a custody plan already." He shook his head.

"No I mean. Did we decide if we are bringing her here? We would have two months left of school and we want you to graduate."

"Whose we?" I swear if he says he's been talking with Lydia about me not graduating.

"I assumed you and I. I told you I want you and Skylar in North Carolina with me."

"I don't think I can be in North Carolina. There's no way that I can get into Duke." Luke smirked as if he thought of something was funny about that. 

"I've been researching other colleges nearby and i think if we try to get Skylar in the daycare so we can try to get you to come with us."

"With you and Lydia..." I trailed off noticing immediately that I was just being petty. He cares. Like he actually cares. "I'm sorry."

"I just want my daughter with me, Amber" I looked at him watching the two guys in front of me trying to keep calm as the bell rang behind us. "Can you just go see the room? Just to think about it?" I thought about it for a second before groaning. 

"Fine." I lunged at Michael grabbing my bag. "Have a great day Hemmings?" I slung my bag over my shoulders turning down the hallway towards the daycare center. As i walked closer i felt my heart tighten. Everywhere, they have been judging me for being the second girl pregnant by Luke Hemmings. I wasn't ready for it to happen again. I stopped in front of the counter watching the already teen parents dropping of their kids. I must have been standing there with a stupid look on my face because a few moments later my trance was interrupted.

"Amber." I turned around as Lydia walked up to me. "Are you okay?" I looked at her confused turning towards her.

"I'm fine."

"Well you look a little lost out here." She said with a smile. I wish she was a horrible person.

"Luke asked me if i wanted to put Sky here." Lydia's eyes brightened.

"That would be smart. It would make the end of the year more tolerable."

"That was his point." I thought for a second before speaking again. "Was it your idea?"

"No but i would be lying if i said Kian isn't enrolled. We should ask Tania if Skylar could be too because she's...." She paused thinking over her sentence. I can't even explain what my face looked like. "...his sister." she said quietly. The bell rang again miraculously ending the conversation. 

"Thank you. Maybe after school." Lydia nodded letting me walk away from her towards class.