Chapter 7

Lydia:18 weeks Amber: 14 weeks

Lydia's POV

How are you feeling? Luke has been texting me every morning trying to check up on me. I guess that's something a guy who isn't with the mother of his child does. Checks up on her so that he feels like he's actually doing something. I thought for a second before looking down at my stomach. I have been missing from school for a month now. Trying not to show everyone our son or daughter. I'm really showing now. 

I'm big. Just a warning. I quickly typed before putting my phone in my bag. I've let him text me but that's it. We're not together and i don't really want to interact with him if it has nothing to do with the baby. When i go down the stairs my mom was there waiting. 

"Did you check your app today?" She said handing me my snack bag. 

"Yes. She's the size of a turnip and about 5 ounces." 

"It's a girl today?"

"I got sick this morning." My mom pouted raising up the keys to my car. 

"Come home as soon as you feel uncomfortable." I nodded taking the keys and trying to get out of the house as soon as i could. I need to get the first day over with. See her and accept that i'm going to see her grow at only a slightly slower pace then me. The drive to school seemed the same as it always was. Listening to music and looking at my phone at every stop to see what Anna texted me. Stupid things like 'Bumping over?????' or 'Is the alien moving yet?'. All things she already knew about. The baby has moved but hasn't kicked yet. Little adjustment that i could feel only. As soon as i got into the school parking lot they were all waiting for me. Including Luke. 

"Your not that big." He said as soon as  i got out of the car. Both Anna and i looked at him with looks that said we knew that he was sucking up and he needed to stop. 

"You are lying. She's beautifully big. Growing our alien who is how big?" Her and my mom have really been into all this. Giving a little excitement to teen pregnancy. 

"Turnip." 

"Our little turnip." 

"Is there something i should be keeping up with?" Luke asked slightly confused.

"I don't think you have enough room on your phone to keep up with all your children." Anna added a smile to that statement grabbing my arm and started our walk into the school. 

"All his children? Don't tell me hers are twins."

"No. Just making him feel like crap. Which he should." I looked behind me and saw the boys trying to support him as he followed behind us. 

"Do you think he should come to find out the gender? He's trying so hard." 

"Your choice. Or you can just tell him?" I stopped in place taking a deep breath.

"Can you get the boys away so i can talk to him?" Anna looked confused. If it was up to her, i would be in a protective bubble so no one could hurt me. She must know that not talking to him is hurting more then actually talking to him.

"I won't be far." She turned around towards the group of boys frowning. "Everyone will less children then Luke come with me. Baby mama needs a minute." Ashton immediately let go of Luke's shoulder rushing over to give me a kiss on the forehead. He was quickly followed by the other two who were forced far away from us by Anna. Luke and i just stared at each other. His hands shoved in his pockets. 

"You do..."
"Mom and i..." We both spoke at the same time stepping close to each other.

"You go first." He was so quiet. Like he was trying not to frighten me.

"Mom and i are going to the doctor next week. We think we might find out what we're having." Luke's eyes lit up and a small grin appeared.

"That's great. Do you have a feeling?" I looked down at my stomach that i tried to hide under my dad's Duke University sweatshirt. I probably won't be able to go now that I'm having a baby.

"It changes every day. A girl today though." He nodded. That grin still there. "Any fatherly instincts?" I'm setting myself up here. He's not just her father.

"We always said we wanted a girl but im in the clouds right now."

"Well if it's a girl you always have Amber's baby to hope for a boy." His face went blank. I didn't even think but now there's the feeling in my stomach that made me want to run. The baby kicked. "She kicked."

"What?" He rushed over to me. The look of excitement in his eyes. 

"Our baby kicked." Out of instinct i grabbed his hand and out it on my stomach. "Come on baby. Kick a little harder." I felt the movement again and Luke's eyes went wide. 

"Not much but it's there." We both laughed. "Can I come? To see the gender?" I saw the look in his eyes. He had tears forming.

"Yeah. Yeah you can come." 

Amber's POV

I couldn't take my eyes away from them. Luke's hand on Lydia's belly. They looked happy. He looked happy to feel his baby. But here i am with his baby. He would never look at us like that. "Don't worry sweetheart." I said looking down at my stomach that was just starting to pop. "Daddy will love you. He just hates me." My phone rang and the name lining the top of my screen made me swallow back tears. 

"What do you want Jace?" I had to hide my shakey voice as much as i possibly could.

"No need to be snappy. My friend has a hookup at an ultrasound clinic. To stop you stressing yourself out to much i decided to treat you. He will scan you next month."

"Next month?! Jace,  im in my second trimester already. I can't wait four weeks."

"Take it or leave it. Baby daddy hasn't talked to you all month so you think he would get you scanned?" I paused. I've tried talking to Luke but he gives one word answers or finds some way to be too busy to talk. "That's what i thought."

"Amber." I turned around quickly to see Luke standing there. 

"I have to go." I hung up before he could answer me. "Hi." 

"Who was that? He sounded pretty angry." I have to lie. I can't say my boyfriend or else he won't believe that this is his baby.

"My dad. Still processing all of this." 

"That makes two of us." He cleared his throat moving a little closer to speak quietly. "Have you gotten a scan yet?"

"What?"

"Um.. Lydia's gotten a ton already to keep track of the baby. I just thought you would." Is he really concerned right now? This is good. 

"No. We can't afford it so a friend of mine is getting me a free one at this clinic he knows about. Next month."

"Next month? How far along would you be?"

"I'll help you out. Take what the princess is and subtract about a month."

"Don't talk about her like that. That's my..."

"Your what? She's not your girlfriend and if you say the mother of your child that's me too and i don't see you smiling and wanting to feel my belly. Are you going to love her baby more then mine now?"

"My feelings about you guys and my feelings about the kids are completely different."

"The kids. Your kids so show some interest. Our baby could have something wrong with it and i wouldn't even know because i cant afford basic insurance. This baby will probably be born on my bathroom floor at this point."

"What?" 

"That's the truth Luke. You're children are not the same. Her baby will probably have it's own room. Mine will get the corner of mine and my bed be the changing table." The bell rang making me look up. "Great conversation we had. We should talk more often." I turned walking away. If that didn't get him to start caring then i don't know what would.

Gosh i write some manipulative people....I'm starting to hate her more and more i write her.