Chapter 6

Lydia:13 weeks Amber: 9 weeks

Lydia's POV

"People are staring." I whispered to my mother who was just looking through a magazine. She looked up looking around the room.

"What do you expect Lydia? You're seventeen and pregnant." As if i could feel any worse about the situation. I haven't been able to tell my sister yet and i haven't talked to Luke since the day we told him about it. Not that he hasn't tried to talk to me. I currently have at least thirty unread messages but that's only because I've tortured myself by reading them. "I'm sorry sweetheart. I know it's hard."

"It's horrible." I wanted Luke here more then anything and i've now stopped seeing him since i can't be a cheerleader and pregnant. Not in the eyes of my coach even though i have a few weeks until i can't flip anymore. Everything seems to be falling apart.

"Lydia Hamilton." A nurse announced through the waiting room.

"It's time little girl." My mom put the magazine down and held my hand as we walked into the back in the exam rooms.

Amber's POV

"What do you mean you hit a snag? I thought the pregnancy was going good?" Jace said throwing the ball up in the air from his position in my bed.

"It's going fantastic. It's just the stupidity that is love. He's still in love with that stupid little girlfriend of his. Even though she broke up with him." I paced back and forth in the room trying to figure out what my next move would be. The only people that know that i'm pregnant for sure is me him and his family. He apparently just told them about me.

"Simple. Announce it. Force him to admit to it."

"It's not that simple." Jace stopped throwing the ball sitting up.

"What are you not telling me?"

"What?" I panicked a bit. I wanted to avoid telling Jace about what Luke told me the other day. I'm not the only one who is having his baby.

"I'm telling you everything that i know." Jace held his hand out to me with his smug smile on his face.

"Give me your phone."

"WHy?"

"Relax. I'm helping you." I reluctantly pulled my phone out of my back pocket and handed it out to him. He looked through it before laughing. "How did i know that you would have pictures on here with that stupid bear?" The bear he was referring to would be the one i bought the first time i thought i was pregnant. The picture that he would have seen would be the one i always took when the bear was right in front of my stomach. "There you go. There's no hiding it."

Lydia's POV

I could't stop looking at the pictures in my lap. It's already a proper human in there. About the size of a pea pod. I thought that i would be able to not feel something about it. That i would be able to give this baby up once i give birth and forget that i ever had to go through this. I can't do that now. I heard the heartbeat. I love this baby already more then anything. "Oh god. Why is he here?" My mother said making me look up from the pictures. Luke was sitting on the side of our planter looking at his hands. "We should go."

"No. Pull in." I'd need to talk to him at some point about this. I'd explode if i didn't. My mother sighed turning into the driveway. I saw Luke look up and stood up so fast. "Is it okay for you to just let me deal with it?"

"Are you sure?" I nodded trying my best to smile.

"I'm sure mom." She got out of the car and went straight inside without even making eye contact with him. I took a deep breath tucking the pictures into my purse before getting out. We stood there for a second just looking at each other before he finally talked.

"Hey Lyd."

"What are you doing here Luke?" His eyes were red. He's been crying. Something that i could never handle with him.

"I needed to talk to you." He looked down at my stomach before throwing his head back cursing. "How did i not know? You've never gained a pound in our whole relationship and suddenly you have a stomach."

"Well you were a little preoccupied." Anger took over me when i even think about Amber.

"I wish you'd let me explain."

"I don't want to know the details. You cheated. She's pregnant. I'm pregnant. That's all i need to know."

"It was one time and i don't remember it. We don't even know if it's really mine. My parents are going to arrange for a paternity test."

"Is that why your here? You want proof that your the dad of my baby?"

"No. I know that it's mine. I've never been more sure of something in my life. Can you at least tell me when your due? Do you know the gender? I don't even know when it could have happened. It's not like we had sex once in the months leading up to you leaving."

"I'm due March 1st. I don't know the gender yet." He looked down to his feet putting his hands in his pocket.

"Can we talk about us?"

"There's no us anymore Luke."

"Let me fix it."

"You can't. This isn't the only relationship you have to worry about. This baby is going to be born then a month later it's going to get a brother or sister. Their mothers would prefer the other to not exist. I hate her. I don't want to but i hate that baby already even though it didn't do anything. That's not fair to them but i do. I need time to just realize what is happening and figure out what i want."

"What about what i want?"

"You don't get a say right now. I'll tell you when you have a say but right now I'm making the decisions about this baby."

"What are you thinking? What are you going to do?" I crossed my arms before shrugging.

"I don't know. I'm trying to figure that out."

✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨

"Are you serious? You can't seriously believe that you could be a mother at your age." My sister yelled at me across from the table. My parents invited her and her husband over because they decided that the sooner i told my sister the better. If we waited too long she would be even madder.

"Angela. Please." My father said linking his fingers together and putting his elbows on the table.

"What? How could you two be this calm?"

"Your sister is going through a lot. The last thing she needs is for us to treat her poorly." My mother added. It's a hard situation. My sister can't have kids so the worst thing that could happen is her baby sister to just become a mom without trying.

"She's a child. A child shouldn't be able to raise a child. She will ruin it's life."

"Just because your never going to be a mom doesn't mean that you have to put me down when i'm actually going to be one." I didn't mean to say it. It just came out of me.

"Lydia." My mother said shocked that those words would even come out of my mouth.

"May i be excused?" My mother nodded and i never stood up faster in my life. I ran out of the dining room and straight up the stairs. Usually after a bad encounter with my sister i would call Luke. He'd always let me rant to him about these things. He'd calm me down. But now all i have is Anna. As soon as my door closed i pulled my phone out and pressed call.

"Hellooooo." Anna sang into the phone picking up almost immediately.

"We told my sister."

"Oh shit. How did she take it?"

"As expected. She hates me."

"I'm coming.' I heard her scrambling off her bed and all i could do is breathe. At least i have someone.