Chapter 5

Lydia: 12 weeks(3 months) Amber: 8 weeks(2 months)

Lydia's POV

"Did you tell them yet?" Anna said sitting on my bed. I've avoided Luke as much as possible. I went as far as to request that my seat be changed to the opposite side of the room he was in second period. 

"I can't. I didn't even tell the father about it." My only issue about this whole thing is that i'm naturally small so i'm already showing a little bit. 

"You can say his name you know?"

"No i definitely can't. It hurts too much." Anna's rolled her eyes. In her mind, we need to shut Amber down and make sure she admits that Luke isn't the father of her baby. In my mind, i don't want to hear that he actually is. He didn't deny sleeping with her and that enough for me to know that it's the truth.

"Tell them in a public place. Like the game tonight."

"I'm on the field. How am i going to tell them?"

"Simple. Are you feeling well?" She smirked. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Are you sure we should be here if your sick?" My mom asked wrapping her arm around my shoulders. This is a horrible idea. I'm going to break her heart. I thought it would be easier if i told her alone. She would help me tell my dad. 

"Yeah. I still want to see Anna and the guys." By the guys i of course meant excluding Luke.

"Good. I haven't seen Luke in a while anyway." That's when i saw her. Amber walking across the bleachers before finding a spot in the front row. She had a smug look on her face as they team came out onto the field. 

"Mom. i have to tell you something." My mom looked at me smiling before she saw the look on my face. 

"What is it baby? What's wrong?"

"Luke and I. We broke up."

"What? Why?" I had to resist the urge to cry hysterically. Not in a group of people from my school. SO i looked down at the cheer squad. Anna was following Luke with her eyes then looked up at me to smile. Luke realized and followed her gaze. He looked shocked to see me here. I've been "sick" for the past few days and not answering his calls. 

"He cheated on me and she's apparently having his baby."

"Oh god. I'm so sorry."

"Mom. I'm not done."

"What more could there be?" I had to look at her now. In the eyes so she knew how serious i was. 

"She's not the only one whose pregnant." She was in complete shock until she went into mother bear mode.

"I'm going to kill him for making you do this alone. How can he do that?"

"You and Anna are the only ones who know mom. I couldn't tell him."

"And why not?" I grabbed onto her arm and pointed down to Amber who was leaning against the fence gawking at Luke. 

"She told him she was pregnant first. I can't tell him." 

"Baby. We have to do something." My mom grabbed my arm and pulled me down the bleachers.

"What are you doing?" She told around looking as mad as my mother possibly could be. 

"We are going to find and tell your father then we are going to pay a visit to the Hemmings house." Fear washed through me. So much fear that i think my baby even felt it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"He's still at the game. This isn't going to help anything." I tried not to yell but i just wanted to plead as much as i can for them to turn around and help me find a way to avoid him ever knowing. But that too much to expect for my father. He's not just mad that i'm pregnant but he's mad that Amber is too. That at some point Luke got bored and had sex with someone. Cheated on my dad's little girl. We pulled into the long driveway of the Hemmings house and parked in front of the garage. My father turned around grabbing my hand. 

"They need to know. They are as much involved in this situation then we are." He tried to stay as calm as he could.

"I can do home study. Give the baby to someone who would want it but can't have one."

"Luke needs to know and he needs to be able to choose with you. I'm sorry." He turned back around turning the car off and got out. I admitted defeat climbing out and walking with them to the front door. My moms arm draped over my shoulders. My father walked up to the front door, looked back at me then knocked three times.  About a minute later Luke's mom answered the door with a smile on her face. 

"Matthew. What a surprise? Luke didn't tell us you guys agreed to join us." Shit. Family night is the second Friday of each month. That explains why they weren't at the game.

"We need to talk Liz." She looked scared not knowing what could possibly be wrong. If only she could have had some sort of warning.

Luke's POV

"Mom i'm home. Whose car is that in the driveway?" I asked walking through the hallway into the living room. I stopped dead in my tracks when i saw the group of people in my living room. My parents were pacing around the room. My brothers were sitting on one of the couches  not even able to look at me. Then there was the people i was actually shocked to see. Lydia and her parents. Tears running down her face. "Babe. What's going on?"

"Don't call me that." She said not even looking up. She still hates me but why is she here in the first place if she hates me?

"Luke. Honey, i think you might want to sit down." My mom said looking like she had just finished choking on something. 

"Can someone tell me what's wrong?"

"I'm so sorry." Lydia said panicked before her father spoke up.

"Lydia is pregnant, Luke. From what she can say about three months but she might be more." When i heard that, it was like my body went into shock. I'm in the middle of trying to deal with Amber and now i'm learning about this out of nowhere. There's only one difference about Lydia. I love her. "Do you want to tell your parents the rest or shall we?"

"What is the rest?" My father asked with his arms crossed over his chest. I swallowed trying not to make eye contact. This would be the first time i will actually admit it for what it is. 

"I had sex with someone else. Just once at the party i had this summer. Apparently, she's pregnant too." Lydia looked straight at me then to her mom. 

"And you wondered why i didn't want to him to ever know."