O N E

He would be home soon. I hadn't finished cleaning or even started with the dinner yet. I really need to get a move on. 'Come on Rylan get it together! God dammit.' I thought.

The living room needed freshening up, the kitchen was an absolute mess and the restroom was simply unusable. My hands are slightly shaking and my breath picked up a little. 'Oh my gosh I'm panicking'. Not enough for a panic attack, but close. I have to contol my breathing, control it. I don't need an anxiety attack and an asthma attack.

Jeez, do you think I have the mental strength for that?

Nope.

I need to fix all of the mess around the 'house', if you'd call it that (more like a shed if I'm honest), and cook food for him.

'Okay, okay, I just have to take a couple deep breaths and compose myself'

Inhale...

Exhale...

Inhale...

Exhale...

I scramble for my inhaler (God knows how I even have it) and take a nice, refreshing breath.

My breathing evened out and my hands have stilled. I take a minute to relax then make my way to the cleaning supplies cupboard under the sink, in the kitchen. Taking out the bleach, wipes, dusting products and other things I needed, I decided to start where I already was. Manoeuvring between rooms, I eventually ended up in the kitchen again. Yours truly immediately got to work on sirs evening meal, which consisted of pasta, cheese and butter, I guess.

Of course I am never able to eat anything I make, without sirs permission.

'Rule number 3: Never eat without permission, whether you make it yourself or not. I will know about it if you do, so don't even try.'

Yeah, that's pretty much imprinted in my mind. He's said it so many times I can't possibly forget it.

Sad, I know.

Anyways, once the dinner was finished and waiting for sir on the table with a cold beer beside it- because he definitely needs that-, I cleaned up my mess, as always. Furthermore, making my way upstairs to have a much needed personal time.

And by personal time I mean laying on my ratty, old mattress with no bed frame (meaning my 'bed' lies on the floor), listening to depressing songs to make my depressing life even more depressing. Also, yes, I do have a phone. I've had it since I was about 12, plus me being able to keep it hidden for over 2 years has helped keeping it from being smashed, shattered or broken, etc..

Why keep it hidden? Wouldn't this man you talk of known you had a phone? Mmm, well, for one; if he had known I had a phone, or any electronic at all, the device would've been taken away. Mainly due to the fact I was able to call someone for help or have a nice privilege however I don't deserve privileges.

I presume he just didn't want any risks amidst getting caught, which is understandable... in a way. Although I am the one getting hurt in this situation. Whatever, no one cares though. No one ever has. And nobody ever will.

My mother gifted me with a phone for my 12th birthday, along with a memory to last a lifetime. But that's a story for another time, now, it's my turn to be calm.

I'm going to relax...

Listen to the melodic music...

Take deep breaths...

And not get distra-

SLAM

Uh oh

Oh shit

Oh no..

He's home already?!

I jumped up hearing the door close and sprang to the floor with bare feet. He was, and still is, always able to frighten me to the core. His dark, brown eyes represented his hate towards me every time I would look into them. I shouldn't though, that's something else I've had to learn-never look a man in the eye, they wouldn't, for a moment, have enough respect for you, to do so.

My phone lay across the tattered mattress and I realised I needed to put it back before anything else happened along with my inhaler because lord knows if he saw it, I'd never see that thing again.

Then footsteps echoed through my ears harshly as I became fully aware that he was home for the night and my torture had yet to begin.

-

Did you know that a snoregasm is a synonym for wet dream? (In British slag though-)

Bet you didn't, now you do ;)

763 words

Hope this was somewhat thrilling(!)

-Note to self, get a life🙁😖