T W E N T Y - E I G H T

The next day, I woke up to Bear clawing at the door. He obviously wants to go out so I groggily get up and open the door just enough for him to let himself out.

He barks after a couple seconds, signalising that I have to let him out, out. I love him already, only after less than twenty-four hours but I know having a dog as a pet is a full time thing. It's a bit tiring thus far.

I trudge down the big ass staircase then quickly shuffle to the sliding doors in the kitchen. Once he's out and running around, I contemplate following him. The morning breeze is refreshing and I'm happy with my choice to come out here. The beatiful sky is full of blues and pinks, which tells me Bear woke me up early.

I groan at the thought of it being before nine am because we stayed up quite late watching that Bridgerton show. Yes, of course Bear watched it with me, he's basically my best friend.

"Bear! Come here, boy!" I whistle for him to come back from hiding behind a tree, out of my sight. I sigh when I get no response, as in Bear coming back speedily.

I trudge my way through the crisp air and crunchy grass, my socks completely soaked through with the morning dew. As I rounded the tree he hid behind, I found he was nowhere to be found. I didn't get worried thorught because he could've easily gone further into the yard.

I went farther and deeper into the wood behind the house and the sunlight got less bright as the tree canopy covered my head. I still was unfazed by Bears' disappearence. "Bear!" I called again, feet getting muddier and then I realised it must of been raining last night or really early this morning.

I doubt the others would've woken up yet. I haven't brought my phone out with me but I pressumed it hadn't been long since I checked last.

Twigs snapped underneath my socked feet and I really regretted not putting any form of shoe on before stepping outside. I kinda hurt when I'd step on a sharp stick or stone. "Bear! C'mon now!" I was getting fed up with him not coming back.

As the soggy dew got heavier, so did my mind. It was a strange feeling but I've felt it a few times before; those times being when I had those dreadful seizures. My head got hazey and fogged with clouds. My legs began to tremble slightly and now I really wished Bear was here to indicate whether I would seize or not. I mean come on, he's supposed to be my fucking service dog and he's not even here.

As if on cue, the dog comes running at full blast towards me. He ends up knocking me over and we fall to the ground with a thud. However this does not help me because now I think I won't be able to get up without the help of someone else.

My head hangs back as my body feels too heavy for me to hold up by myself and I begin to get scared. The thought of not being conscious whilst something happens to me is more than terrifying and my confused brain can't handle the feeling. I get more disorientated as the moments pass and Bear's licks and whines become noticable and audible then fade again.

One bark is all I can register prior to my eyes closing and consciousness leaving me.

-

Elijah

I'm in the kitchen making myself a coffee when I hear Bella's dog bark in the distance. I only takes me a second to realise what his obnoxious barking means before I'm rushing to the back door. I can hear his yapping clearer but not fully until I open the sliding door.

I know, since I'm the one who suggested it and of course I'm the doctor in this household, that the loud, desperate barks emitting from the animal indicate that there is a problem with the person said animal is looking out for.

And in this case, the person is Bella and there is a serious problem.

I don't even register my feet moving but I'm glad I wore my slippers downstairs, the grass is too wet for my liking but I have to check that absolutely nothing is in the wrong with my sorellina.