T W E N T Y - S E V E N

Barking? Did I hear that right or am I hallucinating?

I don't exactly jump out of bed but I do make hast when climbing out of the big thing. I quickly slip some baggy clothes on, that are still borrowed from a brother, and fix my hair slightly.

I can't walk downstairs with hair looking like a birds nest can I. That's not a very good look to have infront of brothers; newly acquainted ones at that.

The barks loudness and clearness increased dramatically when I reached the front door, yes the front door. Apparently whoever let this dog in was still there, in the foyer, with said animal.

You sound way too posh saying that. Don't.

Betty, always the mood dimmer.

"What the hell is that doing in my house?!" I heard someone exclaim.

"Your house? Oh no, this is my house and this is a dog, Romeo." Angelo retorted. "He's here to help Bella." Help me? This must be the service dog he said I would be able to have.

I haven't had any expericences with dogs before. Mom didn't have one and my preschool friends didn't ever invite me over. Even though most of them boasted about how cute their doggies were, and that I often I asked to see them.

Uh, imagine having friends.

"Ah, speaking of, here she is. Bella, this is Max, you're new twenty-four/ seven guard dog." He smiled softly at me when I gaped at him. Guard dog?

"Now of course you can change his name to whatever you'd like but it'd take a little bit of time for him to get used to it. But apart from that, he's all yours. And before you ask, or don't, he is now another resident of this household," He stops to glare at Romeo. "and will be treated as such."

"He's mine? And he's here already?" I thought it would take weeks upon weeks for me to be able to get one.

"Yes, with a little of Agosti charm," he flashed me a charming, teeth bearing smile, "he came sooner than most do. Like I said, it will most likely take a week or so for you to get used to each others company but other than that, go ahead and get to know each other." I looked him weirdly, so did the others that had now joined us.

He held his hands up in surrender, "I'm just quoting the dog trainer." Luca laughed and so did Elijah. I crouched down to get a better look at my new puppy. When I say puppy, I really mean an almost fully grown dog with an adorable face.

I didn't know what to do to get him to come to me so I looked up at any brother I could get to make eye contact with me. Leonardo caught on and came to crouch beside me.

"Pat your hands on your knees like this," He did the action and I followed. "and call his name." He motioned for me to do so.

I pat my hands on my legs, "Come here, Max." He didn't come to me and I frowned a bit. He doesn't look like a Max to me anyway.

"Maybe he's just shy?" Leo commentned.

"He wasn't fucking shy half an hour ago when he was barking the house down at," Rome checked his phone, "eight am." Leo rolled his eyes and Angelo scolded him for his choice of language.

"He doesn't look like a Max. He looks like a Bear." His ears perk up at the name Bear and he immediately comes running at me, tackling me to the floor and licking my face. I suppose his new name is Bear then.

And yes, the licking was kinda gross but Bear didn't completely cover my face with his slobber, only a little which I very much appreciated.

"Bear it is." Elijah chuckled as I recovered from the small attack. I smiled a little at my new buddy. Bear and I are going to get along just fine, I hope.

-

It's been ten minutes alone with him and he's very good at his job already. We've returned to my room, his new room, and Bear has taken note of one of my small kinks. The way I hold myself when I sit on my bed. I'm not even doing anything but thinking but he insists on pawing at my leg.

It's a bit annoying but I let him do it anyway. I proceed to turn on the tv that rests opposite me bed. Netflix pops up and I decide, why not?

And here I am watching some show called Bridgerton. It's pretty good so far and it's one of the top ten recommended today. After quite a few episodes I remember I forgot to get breakfast before coming back up.

In the kitchen, Luca was the only one there, excluding myself and the little guy scampering behind me. Ever since he's been in my company- when I named him- he's been on my tail, watching me like a hawk. I must admit, it's a bit scary but I know he's here to help me so I shrug the feeling off.

"Breakfast?" I silently nod and settle on a stool, Bear laying at my feet. Well, near enough, my feet dangle from the stool so if he stood up, he would be able to sniff my feet. I don't see why he'd want to though.

Two minutes go by and I realised I should've brought my phone down, seeing as it's boring without it down here. "One nutella on toast for you." He formally presented my plate to me and I noiselessly giggled at him.

"Thanks," I blushed. He nodded in return and sat beside me.

"So," He started.

"So..." I replied awkwardly. I took a bite out of the delicious food and instantly regretted when my behind wiggled on its own accord. Luca wanted to laugh but instead smiled happily at me and then eyed the dog on the floor.

"I know it hasn't been long since he's been with you but, how are you getting along? Nothing bothering you?" I thought about it for a second.

"Actually, there was something." He nodded, telling me to continue. "Um, so if he does paw at me or do something that looks or feel panicked, what does that mean?" I had an idea but wanted someone to confirm it.

His eyes widden before he brought out his phone from his pocket on his sweats. "Oh yeah, Ange sent me a list of what each thing means because I wanted to know personally." And he listed all the things I needed to know.

Those things consisted of: When he paws at me, headbutts me, whines and barks, it means that something is wrong and he can sense it. For my specific case, he can warn me about an oncoming seizure, whatever the seizure.

Luca also said that the seizure isn't always going to be one that ends up with me shaking, he mentioned a type of seizure called a focal seizure or an absense seizure. It's when your body freezes of all movement and you can't move but in your mind, you are still there mentally.

It was weird to understand and I'm still confused about it but didn't want to dwell on those thoughts. Luca said I might not even have those type of seizures; everyone is different.

-

Back in the comfort of my room with Bear, I set up some new paper and a pencil and sit at my desk. I can't believe I can claim these items as mine, I'm so used to not having anything to call my own that all these new things that I can, is bewildering to me.

Bear wanted to rest on my lap and I didn't have any objection to that only that I couldn't fully roll my chair into the desk but that was alright.

Once again, my emotion controlled the drawing and I couldn't be happier. I felt content in having a pet, one especially all for me, and exciteted that me and Bear are going to become the best of friends.

Forty minutes later, with the picture of me and Bear complete, I hopped back into bed to resume watching that historical drama.

Today's a good day and it's not even over yet.

-

You will not believe the amount of times I misspelt dog with god this chapter, lmao.

#Crying.

1418 words

;)))))))))))))