F O U R T Y - O N E

My thigh stings. I woke up really early this morning from a nightmare.

I was sweating and breathing too heavily for my liking. My step-father had beaten me again, in my dream, slurring words at me and blaming me for all his wrong-doings.

All the echoing negative words filled my ears, and I became quickly overwhemled. I did the only thing I could think of to help me.

I grabbed my razor from the bathroom counter, sat on my bed, and cut my thigh. I cut and cut deep until my leg felt numb and stung with a searing pain.

After realising it was Thursday, I begrudgingly got out of bed. I managed to get a few hours of sleep before my nightmare, and after I just listened to music on my phone until it was a good time to get up.

Gosh, I feel so depressed rn.

So, of course, I listened to sad music. The only way to cope is with music.

It's now 7.30, and I am fully dressed, waiting for a moment before I go down to eat. I could hear voices earlier and they sounded unfamiliar, so I automatically got nervous. As you do.

Once the coast is clear, I get to the kitchen and silently toast some bread. No one is in here and that makes me feel slightly better.

The toast jumping from the toaster makes my heart jump too, purely, because it caught me off-guard. I finish by buttering it and grabbing myself glass of juice.

"Oh, I was going to do that for you." A voice almost makes me spill the juice and drop my plate in fright. I quickly place them down and grab my chest.

"Oh!" Elijah looks flushed from my reaction and guilty.

"Sorry, Bella." I sigh and eat, then go to take my plate to the sink. "Let me do it, you go make sure you have everything for school." I nod hesitantly.

"Bear! Where are you?" I call out. It's then I realise that he's outside and someone let him out. "Please stop stealing my dog, Leo." I whine, annoyed that my dog is with him, nearly every morning.

"Sorry, not sorry, sis!" The crisp wind whirles my hair into an annoying frazzle and I humph. "He's just pissing, he'll be in, in a min." He continues to chase the poor animal around like a child.

"And I thought I was the youngest." I mumble.

"So did I." Angelo smiles, wrapping an arm securely around my shoulders. "Leo has just gotten comfortable with Bear. He gets quite attatched to things when he's comfortable." We continue to watch them mess about before my brother brings the dog inside. Finally!

"I was ready to go to school ages ago!" I grab my bag by the front door.

"Yeah, and Bear wasn't. He needed to energise himself and let off some steam prior to entering hell. And, following you around all day. I couldn't think of anything worse!" He laughs and I smack my forehead at his teasing.

Yeah, we're definitely getting more complacent with each other. Leonardo is a good laugh.

"Okay kiddo, let's go!" Elijah opens the door and unlocks his fancy car. I say goodbye to the two brothers in the foyer and help my baby into the backseat.

After hopping in the passenger seat, we're off, with Taylor Swift playing on the radio.

-

"Okay, so cleanser, then toner and moisteriser." Eliza explains, showing me pictures of the products she uses. I nod and she sends me the pictures.

"Ugh, I am so ready for the weekend." I rest my hands on my cheeks in tiredness, waiting for the bell for next period after lunch.

"Same, although I am excited for next week." I smirk.

"True, it's going to be so fun." We managed to plan a sleepover at Eliza's house after she invited me to. She said she'll order us pizza and we can have a spa-type relaxing evening. Her mom and dad both agreed to the idea, on the terms of getting my brothers number first.

"Do you want me to bring anything? Chocolate?" She quickly shakes her head no.

"No need. I already bought so much junk food and it's all waiting to be eaten by us." I smile briefly and my brain gets flooded with negative thoughts and flashbacks.

'You can't eat loads of shit like that. You know you'll get fat immediately.'

'What did I tell you about eating? You're already fat enough, pig.'

'Stop being greedy and don't eat everything in sight. Maybe try a diet? Ever heard of those?'

I feel my breath quicken. My vision blurs over whilst I feel Bear paw my leg and he whines. My hearing fades a little, and I become disorientated.

"And then maybe we can- Bella? You okay?" I hear in the distance, slowly but surely losing my balance. I feel someone take ahold of my arm and sit me on the chilly floor.

"Breathe. Hey, can you hear me?" A warm hand touches my cheek and I flinch; exhaling harshly. Bear barks loudly, hurting my sensitve ears.

"Shit, I'm gonna call Matteo."

Matteo..

-

Ik this is short but i kinda got distracted by buidling a cute ass castle in minecraft.

its pink and im so proud of it.

Oh also added Taylor for you Swifty lovers, gotta please the readers.

906 words

UNEDITED