asaptyler-friends

someone requested this but I don't remember who

third person pov

Tyler and Rakim have been best friends for 7+ years now. Over the course of those seven years, Tyler has slowly fallen for his best friend. Of course he didn't say anything about it for a few obvious reasons.

First one being is Tyler didn't want to make things weird with his best friend. Like what if they dated and broke up, it would be too awkward to stay friends so he would end up losing him.

The second one being is Rakim was the straightest person Tyler knew. He had girls leaving his house left and right. Showing Tyler pictures of all of them before they came over him talking about how hot they were. He also never even complimented a guy, even if it was just their shoes.

The last reason being is Rakim is extremely homophobic. If Tyler ever told him, he would for sure get dropped. Rakim once beat up a man on the street because he was hugging his brother and Rakim thought they were gay.

Tyler's mind was always clouded with thoughts of Rakim. It didn't matter where he was, Rakim was always on his mind.

Tyler hates himself for it but he just couldn't stop it. He fell in love with his straight, homophobic best friend and there's nothing he could really do about it.

Tyler's pov

After years of crushing on my best friend, I finally decided to tell him. I've been stressing and dreading telling him but I have to sooner rather than later.

I've thought of a plan and rehearsed what I was going to say hundreds of times. My heart starting beating out of my chest as I picked up my phone. I clicked on my best friends contact before taking a deep breath and calling him .

He picked up in a few short rings.

"What's up"His voice rang through my house.

"Can you come over? We need to talk"I said.

"Aight, I'm on my way"He said before hanging up.

He only lived a few houses down so I knew I didn't have much time to prepare for this conversation. I sat down on my counter while I waited for him.

A few moments later there was a knock on my front door. I hopped off of the counter and opened the door without checking because I already knew who it was.

"What do you need to talk about?"Rakim asked as he closed the door behind him.

I took a deep breath as I tried to remember everything I rehearsed.

"There's something that I've kept from you for years and it's finally gotten too heavy for me to carry any longer"I said

"We never keep secrets, what's wrong?"He asked.

"Okay, please don't get mad at me, I cant lose you"I said.

"I promise I won't get mad at you"He said as he smiled.

I took a deep breath and finally let what I need to off of my chest out.

"I'm gay and I've liked you for years now and didn't know how to tell you. I didn't want to mess up our friendship but I can't hide it anymore. I know you're straight and homophobic but I can't hide this from you anymore. Please don't leave me, I beg you"I breathed out.

I saw his face change to disgust and I immediately regretted coming out to him.

"Nigga you for real?"He asked as he looked me dead in the eyes.

I nodded and saw him edge to the front door.

"Nah, nah, you can't be serious. I'm leaving and I hope you know I don't want nothing to do with you. You're a disgusting piece of shit and a disgrace"He yelled.

"Are you really going to leave me because I like guys?!"I shouted back.

"Yes, yes I am"He yelled.

"And you like me, I'm not going to say knowing my homeboy likes me"He added.

"Then leave, I don't need you if you're going to throw away seven years of friendship over this. That shows you were never really my brother"I said.

"Go to hell"he said before walking out of my house and slamming the door.

I just looked at the door as I couldn't even think about anything except how much I regret my decision of coming out. I knew it wasn't going to end well but I couldn't hide it any longer.

Tears left my eyes as my eyes focused on the door.

"He really left"I sobbed into my hands.

I slid down the wall as my thoughts attacked my mind.

Rakim's pov

I was sitting in my room as I thought about what the fuck just happened. My best friend is not only gay, but likes me. That shit is gross as fuck and every gay person is going to hell. I want nothing to do with him anymore.

three year time skip
still Rakims POV

I was scrolling through Instagram when I saw Fergs new post. It was him and he was with someone else.

Tyler

He was with ferg, they were hugging.

"Two years with him, I wouldn't trade him for the world and I love him so much. He's probably the funniest person to ever live and is always putting others before himself. He's gone through so much and continues to plaster a smile on his face. I hope whoever hurts him sees this and regrets what they did to him. Happy two years baby, there's many more to come"

I dropped my phone as I read the caption multiple times. They're dating, and for a long time too. I felt jealous, hurt, and filled with regret.

I had to be such a selfish and horrible person that I pushed away the person I loved most. Now I have to deal with my feelings while they person I want is happy with someone else.

A/N first time writing about them

word count-1009