Chapter Seventeen

~And I got this rubber band on my wrist, on my wrist that I snap it every time that I think about your lips ~
Rubber band - Tate McRae

Corrine.

"Um.." I stutter as I stared at the alpha whose eyes were completely fixated on me. I squirm in my place feeling really uncomfortable with the stare.

"I have already told you everything I know." I whisper and glared at Alette whose eyes were also pinned on me as if I was a walking threat. Which I totally wasn't. He is an alpha and I'm what? Corrine?

"No, there's something you're leaving out. Why would a coven full of vampires, kidnap you and not kill you? Even I know you couldn't be that lucky, so the truth." She asked, her eyes narrowing.

Okay so she easily picked up my lie. I just had to tell the truth if I had any chance of surviving here or being accepted for the first time in my life.

"Okay fine. It turns out my mate, beloved or whatever is the Primus and when he realized I had nothing to do with Crystal Star he let me go." I murmured, the words sounding hollow from my lips.

Both their eyes widen.

"Why would a leader of a vampire coven want from a werewolf? And how are you his mate? The only way you'd have a vampire for a mate is. . ." The alpha already figured it out.

"I don't know what he wanted from my previous pack, he never told me." I answered as honestly as I could.

They both stare at each other for a while, until it felt really creepy. That's when I knew they were mind linking while I was just staring at the both of  them contemplating my decision to come here. Was it really worth it? Was it worth my life?

The alpha cleared his throat and my attention turned to him solely. I awaited his verdict knowing that whatever he'd say would determine my fate. He held my life in his hands.

"We have decided to let you stay here for a month on probation. We would monitor all your moves and your action and if you proof or do anything anything that harms the pack, I'll send you back to your pack or kill you. Do you accept?" The Alpha explained all of it, his eyes stuck on mine. He wasn't kidding.

I had no choice. I couldn't go back to Genesis' coven and I most definitely could not go back to that pack that had thrown me out the moment my mother had died. I had no other choice but to accept it and go with the flow. I would try to stay away from trouble as much as I could.

"I accept." I whisper.

I knew it was the best thing to do. There's literally nothing I could do or choose. No other option but to follow the rules or be killed or kicked out.

"Alright. Alette will show you the room you'll be staying in. You'll also be expected to perform cleaning duties in the kitchen with our cooks." The alpha explained.

Great. From one cleaning duty to another.

"Yes, thank you, alpha. I will not disappoint you." I bowed my head giving him a small smile that was barely visible.

"Don't be thankful yet, you may find yourself out of this pack before you know it."

Okay, never mind.