Chapter One

I'm in a field of dandelions, wishing on everyone that you'd be mine
Ruth B - Dandelions.

Corrine

I tiptoed into our house, crossing my fingers and hoping my mom wasn't in. I wasn't really in the mood to get scolded and yelled at for small, petty issues that had little to no importance in our lives.

Unlocking the door, my mother's unique scent wafted itself to me and I immediately note she hasn't been for a couple of hours. A deep sigh rushes out of my lips as my limp form relaxes. I slump down on the chair at the dining table, my mind racing endlessly ad I decided what to eat.

Walking over to the pantry, I pull it open and immediately ramage through it. A creepy smile stretches on my lips as I grab a huge chocolate cake. Placing it on the table, I grab a fork and immediately dig in, a moan nearly leaving my lips as the cake melts in my mouth.

My mind goes back to my mom and I immediately begin stuffing the whole thing into my mouth, barely chewing it and I nearly choke in the process. If she would find me eating, it would really not end well for me.

My mom and I have a love hate relationship. Well more hate than love but I did really care for her. Even though she mostly ignores me, I love her because she's the only family I have.

I don't know who my dad is because according to pack members, my mom got pregnant with someone else who isn't her mate and when this happens it means I won't get a mate. Only children born by mates can get mates so in my case, I won't have a mate.

The first time I found this out, I cried so hard. I mean who wouldn't want a mate? Someone destined for you by the goddess herself from the beginning of time. I found this out in school and honestly it wasn't good.

I was laughed at by everyone in school. This is another outcome of being born without a mate. I am actually hated and bullied by both the pack members and pack kids. I've learnt to numb the pain though because I've been living like this for years and there's only one way I can I survive is numbing it all.

Sighing, I walk up stairs to my room before flopping down on my bed. Grabbing my phone, I began surfing through Netflix trying to find something I could watch before my mom came home. I immediately tapped on Frozen II. It's a good animation and I absolutely adore it.

Halfway through it, a loud bang echoes through the house and a deep sigh rushes out if my lips. My mom was home and I didn't really want to see her right now. Deciding to lock my door and completely ignore her, I walk over and before I can actually lock it, it slams open and my scowling mother stares at me in utter resentment.

I guess this was one of those days where she was in a bad mood. Sighing, I stare at her expectantly, waiting for a lash or something from her.

"What do you want, mom?" I wasn't being rude of trying to be but I was genuinely honest because she rarely came to my room anymore. It's stopped when I was nine years old when she claimed I was a big girl and I didn't need her anymore which of course was a total lie. I needed her. I need her.

"I'll be gone for two days so you no throwing any parties and no boys." Her scowl getting deeper. I nearly let out a chuckle. Well she knew how to give me advice as if I was a normal teenage. I wasn't normal.

My life was far from normal. Only normal teens threw parties and got wasted. Normal teens invited boys. I wasn't normal. That had been established the day I was conceived. Since I learnt I didn't have a mate. Normal is not something for me.

"Sure, mother." I reply with a deep eye roll and her scowl deepens. Without any warning she smacks me so hard across the face that I heard ringing in my ears and I immediately felt the metallic taste of blood on my lips. I wasn't surprised. This had happened a couple of times and honestly I had gotten used to it. Pain was no stranger to me anyway.

"Don't you dare roll your eyes at me, you ungrateful child!" She growls her brown eyes flashing dangerously as she glared at my form. Sighing, I nod my head not really wanting anymore drama from her.

What I had learnt though was that she enjoyed torturing and seeing me in utter pain and misery. What made everything worse was that I was an exact replica of my unknown father. Not thing about me could even proof I was my mother's daughter. I have dark brown hair while my mom has blonde. Her eyes are a dark green colour while mine are an ocean blue. I think she knew it too and was using it against me.

Glaring one final time, she strides out of my room and I slump down on my bed, letting my tears drown me. I mean yes, she had slapped me so many times but she was still my mom and somewhere deep within me, I've always wanted her to love me just like how parents love their children.

Is asking for love too much? Am I being selfish because I want to feel and I want someone to reciprocate the same feeling? I don't really know or remember if there was a time where she actually cared for me. I don't know if she ever really loved me or if she ever cared about me once in my life.

I had to grow up so fast so I could do things for myself. What I remember though is how I would cry for her to hold me but she never did. She left me. She always left me. That's the only dominany memory of her. Leaving me each and every time.

Wiping my cheeks, I strip before taking a much needed shower. My tense muscles relax, as I try to push my memories away from my mind.

Only it doesn't work because I keep replaying everything like a tape and honestly I don't think I wanted it to stop anyway. Crazily it's what keeps me in check and actually makes me believe that this is how my crazy life is.

*

Okay so most of my books have about 1000 words per chapter so like I want to get about 2000 words per chapter.

Thank you!

Please,

Vote. Comment. Share. 😘😘