Chapter Ten

~In chess, the king can move one space at a time, but queens are free to go wherever they like~

Corrine

"This is so good, sunshine." Ethan moaned out loud as he shoved another spoonful of food down his throat. He chewed so loudly that I cringed whenever I heard the sound of his food on his mouth. My mind couldn't understand though how he could eat food, yet he was a vampire and with my curiosity mind I find myself asking the question only to regret it.

"So, Ethan how can you eat human food and you are a blood sucker?" I asked knowing he won't be offended by my slight insult.

"First, ouch and second of all, yes, we take blood, but human food is so delicious and it has no effect on our bodies." He replied, with his mouth full so it took me probably a minute to understand what he was saying.

"Oh my gosh, please swallow it before talking to me. That's disgusting." I cringed as I turned to walk away from him. However, I nearly bump into a large guy. A very familiar guy whose eyes were already fixated on mine. Genesis.

His silver orbs meet mine and I almost lower them in fear. However Aura growls loudly at that, making me keep my eyes on him, not even straying away from them. His eyes, the silver in them begin to grow and a shiver racks through me. I wasn't sure though if it was a good one or not.

"Oh, Gen you should try this. It's sooo good!" Ethan moaned again managing to break our weird eye contact session.

"Sorry," I mutter moving away from him. I hold my breath though because every part of me was begging me to shove my claws down his throat and rip it off. This was entirely his fault. I could be somewhere I'm wanted. Not here cooking and working for vampires who have already caused me harm once.

Every part of me wanted to leave, escape but where would I go? I was currently stuck in a vampire coven that had over a thousand members who could easily rip me apart before I even step foot out of their territory.

I shoved that to the back of my mind as I served myself a plate. However, my appetite had too disappeared so I discarded the plate and left the kitchen towards my room. I knew I didn't know where I was heading but that didn't deter me from trying to find it.

However, after taking a few turns I realize that I'm completely and utterly lost. Walking through a dark hallway, a sudden chill shoots through me and every part of me knew that I was going somewhere dangerous. Aura granting me her vision, I turn around to walk back trying to retrace my steps.

However, before I could make any more turns, someone grabs a hold of my neck, in a tight grasp, their claws digging deeper into the soft skin of my neck.

"What are you doing here, mutt." A cold female voice whispered.

"Let me go! Let me go!" I growl struggling from their hold and actually managing to slip away from them.

My darkening vision finally turned normal and my vision returned. My eyes meets the female whose fangs were already out and I glare heatedly at her. Like a typical vampire, her lips were a ruby red eyes and pale skin. Her Raven black hair fell to her hips. She had on dark skinny jeans and a dark top that clung to her like a second skin.

"What is wrong with you?" I growl, both Aura and I angry at how she had handled us.

"Shut your mouth, little girl. I can suck you dry this instant."(oh God)

"Really?" I questioned staring at her as if she had grown another set of eyes.

She goes to launch at me again but his voice sounds loudly managing to still her in her spot.

"Amelia, stop!" Primus Genesis yelled.

Both our eyes snap to his that were suddenly glaring at mine. His move to Miranda whose features had softened and was staring at the Primus with a vulnerable look. She liked him?

"What's going on?" He asked once more.

"What is this mutt doing here? And when did you let this bloody creatures roam around your house with no protection at all. Don't you think it's dangerous?" She glares at him, her eyes darting and glaring at me. Before he could reply, I do.

"Well, it's not like I want to be here anyway. Tell your boyfriend to let me go because I have no idea what he's searching for in my pack and I've told him a thousand times, I have no clue what goes in my pack." I replied sourly as I glares at both of them.

"First off, ew. He's my brother and second which pack are you from?" She asked, her glare finally disappearing. I don't reply.

"Crystal Star Pack." He mumbled but she hears it.

She stiffens and her eyes turns blood shot red and once again she launches at me, my eyes missing her speed. One moment I'm staring at her, the next, her hands are clasped tightly against my neck breaking my oxygen supply.

"Wait! She doesn't know anything!" He hisses his speed matching his sisters and the next thing he's next to me, trying to calm her down.

"Are you sure?! What is she's lying to both of us? What if she's doing this intentionally so she can hurt us!" She yelled, her voice going deep with pure rage.

I was almost sure that my skin was growing pale and blue at how tight she was chocking me. I could only glare at her and do nothing more.

"Believe me, she doesn't." He assured, his voice soft as he grabbed her arm that was restricting air from going down my throat. I had never seen him act this soft and if I wasn't being chocked, I would have gasped in shock.

She suddenly let's go of my neck and I pull in much needed oxygen, my throat aching from the pain of being pressed so tightly. I fumble through the wall and almost plummet to the floor. I flail my arms and they come in contact with his pale cold skin.

However at the contact, my eyes widen as sparks, sparks I had never felt in my life came to life, and suddenly like a switch, my wolf growls claiming her mate. Claiming him. Genesis.

My eyes meet his and for the first time, I realize why he was so reluctant to let me go. Why his eyes had widen for a fraction of a second in his office. Why he had refused to touch me. He knew I was his mate. To vampires, his beloved.

"What's going on?" Her sister asked, as she stared at my widening eyes and at Genesis blank look.

With no remorse or any emotion he stated what had been running through my mind and what had been confirmed.

"She's my beloved."

*

I didn't know I loved cliffhangers :)

Sorry, I've been gone for so long. I hope you enjoy this chapter and can't wait to read what happens next. I'm not a fun of long author's notes but I hope each and everyone of you is safe.

Vote. Comment. Share.