Chapter Seven

~I guess you didn't mean what you wrote in that song about me. You said forever...~

Corrine

"What do you mean, mateless?" The Primus asked as he sent me a cold glare, his hand grasping the top of his desk in a tight hold. Emotions spilled through his eyes, each speaking volumes about what he was currently feeling within.

"I don't have one because only kids born from true mates have mates and the rest ...do not." I replied.

I could feel a sudden rush of pain through my chest as I said those words. Yes, I had come to terms with the fact but it still did not lesson the pain of it whenever I said it. Vampires did not know of werewolf traditions and rules so for them to actually believe me would be a miracle.

"Do you really think I would believe that? All wolves usually have mates and that doesn't even make any sense! True mates?" He hissed, his eyes on mine.

Of course he didn't believe me. I wasn't even surprised by his utter refusal to agree with my words. He glared and I sighed, frustrated by the fact that he even didn't consider that whatever I was actually saying could be an actual truth.

"I know it sounds crazy but it's all true. Children born out of mateship usually have no mates hence werewolves do not mate with anyone else apart from their destined one." I confessed.

I knew that confessing to vampires about what really happens in our world was just plain dangerous and risky but if it meant they would agree and set me free, it honestly was a risk I was willing to take.

The Primus eyes fog over with a sudden emotion, and his silver orbs grow a dark shade, looking even more mesmerizing. I couldn't actually decipher what he was feeling so I dropped my eyes from him and prayed that he'd actually believe my story.

"Ethan, take her away until her theory is proven true." He ordered, his voice devoid of ant sort of emotion. However, a flicker of something like sympathy and care rushed through his silver hues. I couldn't actually be sure though because I hardly knew him for me to make the claims. At those utterings, my heart drops to the pit of my stomach, the hope that had suddenly bloomed on my chest dissipating and a sudden dread forming.

Who knows if they'd ever let me out again. I barely registered being dragged back to my cell by Ethan. His eyes did not even meet mine, as he hummed to a small tune I did not like. I really really wanted to try and escape but doing so would only lead to my demise so I pushed the thoughts away.

"Could you please stop that!" I glared and his humming comes to an abrupt stop and so does his movements.

"Oh, sorry sunshine. I'm not used to taking in prisoners but since my cousin wanted safe keeping of the only werewolf ever captured by our kind, so he trusted me." He grinned, his fangs coming into full view and I offer him a confused look. Cousin?

"Cousin?" I voice out my confusion and he flicks a finger through his face and his smile even grows wider.

"Oh, I mean Genesis." Genesis? Genesis? What? Beginning?

"Beginning?" I question and he stares at me, and blinked twice before letting out a roar of laughter.

"No, Primus Genesis. My cousin." He confesses and my mouth gapes. They looked nothing alike.

"Are you sure?" I ask, doubt etching through my features. I hardly trusted anyone, more so vampires, whose blood lust is usually just out of control.

"I know we barely resemble each other but I took my mother's blonde hair and my father's ocean blue eyes, so I look more like my mom." He replied, not even fazed by the fact that I thought he was a liar.

"Sure." I replied, my mind not really finding interest in knowing anymore about his lineage or family but of course he doesn't get the hint and keeps going.

"I have six other cousins, both kind and lovely and two already have mates." He ranted. That had peeked my curiosity.

"So, vampires have mates like wolves do?" I asked, not able to hide my sudden interest at bay. And of course, Ethan began to explain even more how vampires had destined mates but it was rare for one to have mates.

"That's nice, but why is Genesis so cold towards me, towards wolves? Is there something that Crystal Star Pack did that hurt him?" I asked because that was the only logical explanation and the only reason why anybody would want to hurt my ex-pack.

His movements stiffen for a second and I almost miss it. Ethan may be a blubber mouth but I knew he was more than what meets the eye. His eyes held an intelligence to them that I was sure warned him respect in his coven. He may seem to let small things slip but he was more observant than he let on.

"That's no my story to tell, sunshine. And honestly, I don't think you'd ever hear it from the source." He replied, as he finally opened the door to my cell. He gently pushed me in and I let and shut the door almost instantly.

"Well, whatever the reason is, I will find out anyway, sooner or later." I replied, heading towards the tiny bed installed at the corner of the room.

"Good luck then, sunshine." His reply came out sarcastic and I hold in the urge to roll my eyes in annoyance.

"Blood sucker." I muttered when he was a few feet away from me.

"I heard that!"

°°