Chapter 48

Chapter 48:

Juliet's POV:

Finally our lovely honeymoon came to an end and we had to return home to greet our new baby boy and training camp. I was excited to meet him yet nervous to see what the social worker would say. We had a day to get his room ready before she came.

"How does it look?" Caleb asked stepping down.

"It looks good." Reilly said staring around. His room was a pale dark blue and Caleb and Reilly had just finished painting it.

"How 'bout it?" Caleb asked me as I looked around.

"It looks excellent. Are you going to bring the crib in?" I asked.

"Yea. The paint should only take a few hours to dry." He nodded. Once it was finished they both put the crib together and the dresser as I placed clothes in his closet and in his dresser. Reilly insisted that we get him a Toronto Maple Leafs bed set so we did. I placed all that together and I sighed happily when it was finished.

"So have you guys decided on a name yet?" Reilly asked.

"Jacob Maxwell Andrews." I said proudly.

"Where did you get that from?" He asked.

"Well we both liked Jacob and Maxwell is after his dad." I explained.

"Very nice. I'm going to head home. Good luck tomorrow." He said.

"Alright goodbye." I said hugging him, he kissed my cheek and Caleb patted his shoulder.

"Thanks for helping us out. We appreciate it."

"Don't mention it." He smiled.

"Seriously I owe you a case of beer." Caleb vowed and he laughed walking out. Tidus roamed in and sniffed around.

"We are bringing home someone hopefully tomorrow." I said scratching Tidus' ears.

Caleb rubbed my back before walking out.

----------

"Mr. and Ms. Andrews, my name is Hannah Carter it is a pleasure to meet you both." She said shaking our hands. Tidus sat beside us.

"It's a pleasure to meet you, Hannah. I'm Caleb and this is my wife Juliet." Caleb said proudly.

"I am a huge fan. My daughter just got her McDavid jersey and she won't take it off." She laughed.

"Aw. I will have to sign something for her." I smiled. She then looked to Tidus.

"And what is your name?" She asked.

"This is Tidus. Tidus, shake." I said and he held out his paw and she shook it and laughed.

"Nice to meet you Tidus." She laughed.

We proceeded to the living room and sat down.

"It is just a couple questions before the tour." She said opening her book.

"Alright, now I know you are both major athletes...how will you handle both your careers and this little boy?" She asked.

"Well, the club association is very flexible. Especially now since they know we are looking to adopt. Also my father lives in the city next to the arena so we always have a baby sitter if the occasion arises." I explained.

"Alright, do you plan on having more children? Through adoption?" She asked.

"Maybe. I mean right now we are considering I just started my career and I can't go through a pregnancy and jump back into the career of a professional athlete." I said.

"So you do plan on having more children?"

"Absolutely. We both grew up in large families so we want to have a large family as well." Caleb said.

"Ok...so the doctors were able to find out when the boy was born. His birthday is January seventh."

"That's amazing." I said happily and she smiled.

"Do we have a name picked out?" She asked.

"Jacob." I said and she grinned.

"It will suit him. He is so cute." I smiled wider and sighed happily.

"Alright, after the tour we can sign the papers and head on over to sick kids." She said and I clapped.

"Really?" I asked.

"Really." She said and I smiled wide and looked to Caleb who laughed.

We showed Hannah the house and gave her an autograph hat and picture for her daughter as well as box tickets to our first regular season game in october.

After we headed on over to the hospital to meet our newest addition to the family. Caleb carried the car seat as we walked into the hospital.

A nurse greeted us at the infant unit.

"Are you here to pick up the little boy?" She asked and I nodded.

"Yes. We are calling him Jacob."

"Jacob? That's a cute name." She smiled. We followed her to a room and went inside to hear a giggling. A little brown haired boy with big brown eyes sat on the bed playing with a nurse.

"Oh my god..."I whispered as I walked over. He looked at me and smiled.

"Hi there handsome. I'm your mommy." I whispered kneeling down. I hadn't noticed nurses crowded in because I was staring at Jacob. He grabbed my hair and smiled and laughed hitting his fists in the air. I stood up and picked him up and cuddled him to my chest.

"Oh Caleb...he is beautiful." I whispered rubbing his soft little head. Caleb grabbed his hand and he squeezed his finger.

"Oh you're going to be a big hockey player like mommy, huh?" He teased taking him and lifting him. His legs were so chubby I loved it.

"He's perfect." I said.