Chapter 5

Chapter 5

Caleb's POV:

After training camp I took a quick shower and walked outside to find Juliet biting her nails nervously. Coach would put the people who passed on the board.

"Demon, you will be fine." I said putting my arm around her shoulder.

"Shut up." She said nervously. Juliet never handled stress well. Finally coach came out and posted the names and she sighed in relief.

"God I don't know how I made it...but i did." She said happily.

"See I told you and you got all sassy with me." I teased.

"Cale. This is a serious and scary time. What do I do if this doesn't work out? I only have a grade twelve diploma." She said as I unlocked my dodge four by four. We left our equipment at the rink as did everyone else.

"Juliet I told you. You would be sent to the AHL and used as a call up." I said.

"And support myself? Most of those guys are married or live with someone."

"Juliet. You can stay with me for as long as you want." I vowed. She smiled and looked down at her folded hands.

"Thanks Cale. I appreciate it." She said sincerely.

"Good. Now let's get something greasy for lunch." I said and she laughed shaking her head.

------

We went shopping after lunch for Jules because she needed some clothes and such. I changed first into some khaki shorts and a white shirt with a blue Jays baseball hat. I slid it on my head backwards and scanned the key rack. I had four cars. The lovely Dodge four by four, my Dodge Charger, a Porsche with no roof and an Audi R8. I bought the Dodge vehicle's. My dad gave me the Porsche and my brother in-law Jackson gave me the Audi R8.

See my mom was best friends with Stella in highschool and Stella is my fathers daughter. So technically she is my half sister but we just stick to calling her aunt and Stephen uncle.

Anyways, it was a nice day out so I grabbed the Porsche keys. Juliet came out wearing jean shorts and a grey sweater and sandals.

"OOO are we taking the Porsche?" She asked excitedly.

"Yes." I answered locking my door behind her. We made our way to the elevator.

"So can I drive?" She asked.

"Are you crazy?" I laughed shaking my head no.

"Aww come on Caley..." She cooed. she called me Caley when she wanted something.

"No, demon. No one drives my baby."

She pouted and folded her arms.

"You suck." I shrugged my shoulders and unlocked the doors. The drive to the Eaton centre was quick and easy. Surprisingly down town was not as busy in the summer. Many people took vacation and the University kids have gone home.

"Don't worry. I won't blow your money." She vowed. I laughed getting my debit card ready.

"I have more than enough money, demon." We entered the mall and went to the directory.

"If we didn't have training camp we could have went on vacation." She frowned.

"Where would we go? Back home?" I asked.

"No. Somewhere warm and sunny. The Bahamas or Hawaii." She smiled.

"Wow we have a material girl." I said locating the pet store. Tidus ripped his favourite blanket. So I have to get him a new one.

"Hmm...Sport check for sure...I will go into Victoria Secret and..." She said dragging out the and.

"Do I need nice outfits?" She asked. I nodded and she grumbled. She was a track pants and messy bun kind of girl which was nice.

"I guess one of these foreign named dress shops." She shrugged.

"And then to the pet store for Tidus."

"For Tidus." She laughed.

"Excuse me?" A small voice said. I turned and a small blonde haired and blue eyes boy looked up at me. He had a blue cast around his arm.

"Hey bud." I said bending down. He had a pen and paper and his mom stood a little bit away.

"Can you sign this?" He asked gently. I took the paper and it was a small sign with a picture of me on it.

"Sure thing. What happened to your arm?" I asked taking the pen.

"I broke it at hockey." He said.

"You play hockey?" I asked shocked and he laughed.

"Yea I play goalie!" He said enthusiastically.

"No way!" I said and he laughed again.

"Yea..."He giggled.

"What's your name bud?" I asked.

"Tristan." He answered.

"Tristan. Do you want me to sign your cast?" I asked.

"Really?" He asked shocked. I chuckled and gently took his arm.

"To, Tristan. Best wishes and see you in the big leagues." I said and signed my name.

"Thank you!" He said happily.

"No problem Tristan. I think your mom wants a picture." I said smiling noticing the phone in his mothers hands.

"If you don't mind. I'd hate to bother you." She said.

"No worries." I smiled. I bent down to his height and put my arm around his shoulders as she took the picture.

"Alright. Now you feel better bud." I said.

"I will!" He vowed. I smiled as he left and I turned back to Juliet who was in awe.

"That was the cutest thing I ever saw." She said holding her heart. I laughed and we began walking.

"I never knew you were so good with kids." She said shocked.

"I volunteer a lot at Sick Kid's hospital." I said. I loved connecting with the fans. Especially the kids because they get so excited.

"Wow. You surprise me Cale." She said quietly.