Chapter 22

AN: Alright! Here is the second cover it is made by nobodytopsmyweird so once again I am giving a shoutout to her, u guys should follow her if you need covers. Any who like I said before I will leave this cover up for two days and then I will have a vote. So DO NOT comment on which cover u like I mean u can but it won't count towards the a the actual vote.

So without further ado,

On with the chapter!

Chapter 22:

Caleb's POV:

Juliet bounced up and down in her seat as we drove to the hospital. It was six am and she had an appointment to remove her large box brace and to have numerous x-rays. The appointment was early because she was hoping to be okayed to go on the ice. She did not need anymore pain medication and the bruising and swelling has gone down significantly.

I had on sunglasses and my hat backwards, in track pants and a white shirt. I was a little groggy so I had a coffee. We came to the hospital and I paid for a parking ticket and we walked in. She got a lot of stares from her box contraption thing, but she ignored it.

We went to the front desk where the receptionist smiled.

"Juliet McDavid?" She asked.

"Yes. I'm here for my appointment." She smiled. The lady admitted her to the hospital and placed a wrist band on her wrist.

"Go to the fracture clinic and they will put you to a room." She smiled. We nodded and followed the directions to the fracture clinic. Once we got in, many people laid in beds with broken arms, legs, hands etc.

We walked to the male receptionist and he told us to sit for a doctor to come. I sat back and took off my sunglasses and sipped my coffee. Finally the doctor came and we went into a room she sat on the table as the doctor took out a screwdriver to undo the screws.

"Caleb Andrews, Juliet McDavid, I am Dr. Taylor. I have not missed a game yet since two thousand and five (2005)." He smiled.

"Thank you." We both said. He smiled and began undoing the screws.

"So how is your pain on a scale of one to ten? Ten being the highest and one being nothing." He said.

"I'd say a two. I do get an ache here and there but then again, I'm an athlete. I will always have aches and pains." She said.

"Exactly. Are you having full function in your arms and legs?"

"Yes." She said.

"Good." He said taking off the final pole. He took off the head band and waist band and she sighed in relief and cracked her back.

"Ahh...it feels so nice to not be boxed." She said happily.

"Good. Continue to take your bone repair vitamins. Physio once a week, and whenever you are playing sports I want your lower back wrapped. Tensor bandage or sports tape. Whatever you prefer." He explained.

"Got it." She smiled.

"Good. I'm just going to take a quick x-ray to double check everything." He said leading us to the x-ray clinic. I sat in the lobby as she went in. I played aimlessly on my phone. After about half an hour she finally came out.

"Everything looks good. Do not do much physical contact for at least a week. After a week let your team physician do a once over and he can decide if you are ready, okay?" Dr. Taylor asked.

"I will. Thank you." Juliet smiled. We waved goodbye and went back to the truck. It was about eight o'clock and we haven't had breakfast yet so I pulled into Tim Horton's.

"Do you want to go in or drive thru?" I asked.

"Let's go in." She said getting out. We walked in and we ordered breakfast sandwiches and sat down to eat. It was rather busy which was surprising because it is the weekend but we sat by ourselves comfortably.

"So you excited to be back on the ice today?" I asked.

"Yea. I'm going to have to wear the yellow jersey though." She said rolling her eyes. The yellow jersey was the colour jersey a player was given if they were injured. It reminded players not to play them hard.

"Hey it's better than sitting at home." I said.

"True. I just hope I'm good for the start of the season." She said hopefully. We were facing Vancouver for the first game of the season. Our family was coming down. My brothers and Beverly, my mom, dad, aunt Stella, uncle Stiles, uncle Stephan and his wife and kids and then Juliet's mom and step dad. I got them a box so they could have more control of the kids.

"If you wrap it, take your vitamins and stretch and go to physio, I'm sure you will be back before you know it." I assured.

"What would I do without you?" She laughed smiling.

"Nothing. You would be a hobo under the high way." I teased.

"Thanks for your loving support Caleb. I can always count on you." She said rolling her eyes. I finished my sandwhich and threw away the garbage and walked back out to the truck. When we got home we took Clarabelle and Tidus for a walk along Lake Ontario.

"Have you tried calling your dad?" I asked as we walked.

"No...I don't know if I should. He might not remember me."

"Juliet. You are his daughter. He can't forget you." I said.

"I know but I was five when he left. He must have a whole new life now. I don't think I should interfere with that." She said unsure.

"Juliet it is his duty to still care for you. He is still your biological father. You have a right to be in his life."

"Well what should I do?"

"We are in Phoenix after Vancouver. Visit him."

"I don't even know where he lives." She said.

"That's where I come in." I smirked.