Chapter 27

Chapter 27:

Caleb's POV:

Naturally, on Christmas Eve my parents have a huge party. Since they are famous a lot of close friends come to visit. Uncle Jackson brings some Canucks guys, and dad brings guys from his soccer team.

Christmas music played, young children ran around and people mingled or danced. I haven't had so much family around me in a long time and I missed it.

Aunt Stella and Uncle Jackson had three kids. Eleanor was seventeen, Kassidy was fourteen and Ryan was nine. Uncle Stephan and his wife aunt Macy had two kids, Mason is twelve and Candace is eight. Then there was uncle Stiles and his wife aunt Trixie. They had four kids and aunt Trixie was pregnant with one more and was due soon. Their eldest child is nineteen and is studying to become a paediatrician and his name is Connor, Ella is sixteen and they had twins who were eleven. Jason and Jessica.

That was my most immediate family and we were rather close. Infact Jackson and I were more like brothers. After eating dinner mom had made her best Christmas cookies as everyone...partied? Juliet was talking to her parents as I watched Beverly run around in her new jersey. I occasionally glanced at Juliet. Her hair was tied back into a neat bun and she wore that black dress she got when we went shopping. It looked really nice on her and guys-even married men-were staring at her.

"You actually have a hot girlfriend." Christian said standing next to me along with Christopher.

"Yea, she is really hot." He agreed.

"Thanks boys. Too bad you don't have anything." I teased.

"Please, like you had sex yet, Cale." Christopher scoffed.

"Are you kidding? You guys have to come to Toronto. Girls drooling over baseball and hockey guys. It's amazing." I said missing Toronto.

"Well we are coming up for your next game." Christian began.

"So we will get in on all the action!" Christopher finished as they walked away.

"Twins." I muttered. Someone came up and touched my arm and I turned to see Juliet smiling.

"You alright?" She asked.

"Yea. Why?"

"You have been staring at the Christmas tree for twenty minutes." She laughed. I zoned in to see myself actually standing in front of the tree.

"I...I was...Admiring it." I shrugged.

"Mhmm...So are we going to dance or what?" She asked. I smirked and grabbed her hand and spun her around so her back was to me. I rested my chin on her shoulder and slightly moved back and forth. I moved my head so my face was in her hair. I lightly kissed the back of her neck and inhaled the scent of her hair. She laughed lightly and rested her head back.

"You miss this don't you?" She asked.

"Which? Parties or my family?"

"Both. I know you miss your brothers. Christian and Christopher are going into Major League Baseball, your mom, dad, Beverly, Thomas."

"Yea...I know. But I like it in Toronto."

"Why?" She asked.

"Because you are there." I said. She turned and stared me right in the eyes and smiled.

"Really?" She asked smiling.

"Of course. Everywhere is lame without my little demon." I said cuddling her to my chest and making her laugh.

"Caleb..." She grumbled. I pulled back and she looked up.

"I love you." I said. She smiled and her eyes watered a little bit.

"I love you too." She said. She pressed her lips to mine and I wrapped my arms tighter around her so that she wouldn't leave.

She was mine.