Chapter 38

Chapter 38

Juliet's POV:

It was just me. My skates carved into the ice and I heard the ripping of the ice. The fresh cold air blew through my sinus's and it was sweet solitude.

As I ripped through the neutral zone the puck graced my stick. I looked down and then quickly looked back up at the two defence men who were in front of me.

"Go for it McDavid!" Carlyle yelled. As my other hand touched my stick I dragged the puck between the one defence mens legs.

When he was gone the other defence men came to me to play the body. I faked going one way and he went to lay the check I quickly went the other way and then it was just me and the net. I didn't even see the goalie; I just saw the open corner and that was where the puck went. My breath stopped as the red buzzer went off. I stood still and soon I felt arms and hands on me to wake from my trance. I smiled and skated to the bench and tapped everyone's gloves.

---

"One down three more to go." Caleb sighed unlocking the doors to his Porsche. It was mid April and it was a little chilly outside, I tightened my jacket around me as I sat in the vehicle.

"I have been thinking..."I said as he started the car.

"That doesn't sound good. What's up?" he asked.

"What if I get traded or what if you get traded?" I asked. He smiled and clasped my hand as he backed up.

"I am the top goalie in the league right now. Carlyle said he doesn't want to trade me. Also you are the top rookie in the league right now. You are beating some veterans in the NHL. You are only one assist behind Sidney Crosby. They are calling you the youngest rookie in history to have one hundred and thirty-five points in a season." He explained.

"So that doesn't mean he won't trade me." I said as he pulled into the Pizza Pizza plaza.

"Juliet you are predicted to be as good or better than Sidney Crosby. He won't trade you." He smiled as we got out of the car. I sighed still not convinced and he put his arm around my shoulders.

"Just relax, love. You are going to be fine." He said kissing my temple. I smiled looking down and opened the door.

"Okay, Caleb. I believe you." I said. He chuckled and turned to the pizza guy.