II

"changmin!"
the said boy got up from his bed at the sound of his name, rubbing his eyes as he was daydreaming for a bit before walking downstairs to the kitchen. "what, mom?" changmin had said, squinting his eyes as he adjusted to the sunlight in the kitchen.
"have you seen the family that just got here today?" his mom asked, changmin nodding in response.
"yeah, why?"
"you should introduce yourself to them."
"why."
"they have a son, he looks your age."
"okay, and."
"it's been like a decade since you've had someone to hang out with. c'mon changmin, make some new friends. this beach house is gonna be nothing but boring memories if you dont make friends."
     "your mothers right, changmin." the boys father butted in.
     "i can just text my friends back at home, yknow. i wont be so bored." changmin said, leaning against the counter.
    "you are not spending your summer on your phone, ji changmin."
    "fine fine, whatever. ill go introduce myself or something." changmin mumbled, putting his hands up in defense.
     changmins mom smiled and rubbed his shoulder, "thank you, changmin. invite them to dinner while youre at it."
     changmin sighed softly before walking to the front door, putting his shoes on before opening the door, letting out a surprised noise at the boy in front of him.
     the pink haired boy looked just as surprised as him as he looked at changmin with wide eyes.
     "oh." the pink-haired had started.
     "um- yeah. hi." changmin said, awkwardly.
     the pink-haired looked off to the side as this was an awkward first encounter before deciding to gain some confidence and introduce himself first since this conversation was clearly not going anywhere.
     "um, im chanhee. choi chanhee." the pink-haired boy said, now known as chanhee.
     "changmin. ji changmin." the orange-haired responded with.
     "do you want to come over for um.. dinner?"