XII

"chanhee." changmin started off softly as the two walked along the beach.
      chanhee hummed in response, keeping his gaze down towards his shoes.
      "do you think its still there?" changmin asked, looking over to the older.
"whats still where?" chanhee questioned.
"dont tell me you forgot."
"well in my defense its been a decade since ive last been here."
"well if you remembered me after a decade then you should remember what im talking about."
"you just looked the same, you still have a baby face."
"cmon, you seriously dont remember?"
"hate to say it, but i seriously dont remember. just tell me so you quit complaining."
changmin frowned before grabbing chanhees hand. "ill show you instead."
"lead the way, kyu."
changmin dragged chanhee behind him into a small forest near a run-down gas station, down trails and under fallen trees.
"it hurts to know that you dont remember."
"quit being so butt hurt, i memorize this place. at least i think i do."
"yeah you better because we're close to our destination."
      finally, after a minute or so they ended up in a small empty space in the woods, surrounded completely by trees.
      "if im right it should be right.. here." changmin said, walking over to a specific spot before brushing off the leaves and dirt off of a rusty and clearly old box.
      "you shouldnt touch that, changmin. you could get hurt. it looks extremely rusty." chanhee said, watching a couple feet away.
      "who cares. i wanna see it." changmin said.
      "i care, changmin. last thing i want to do is to tell your mom that you got hurt touching an old and rusty box."
       changmin didnt listen as he kept on trying to open the box but it pretty much jammed shut. "cmon, open."
       "its not gonna open, kyu. lets just go back, cmon." chanhee said, tugging on changmins shirt.
       "but i want to see it! for memories, dont be a party pooper chanhee."
       "id rather be a party pooper than get cut by the rust."
       "fine then go, ill stay here and try to open the box." changmin said.
       "gosh. youre still as stubborn as ever!" chanhee frowned and crossed his arms.
       "if you arent gonna go back then quit complaining, nyu."
      chanhee frowned even more. "its getting cold, can we go back."
      "just give me a second, will you?"
      "just carry the damn box! youre wasting time, we can do this at your house with some gloves on."
       "not very conservative of you, chanhee."
       chanhee furrowed his eyebrows before turning around and making his way back. "fine. carry the box yourself then."
       changmin smiled before picking up the box, which was surprisingly light, as he followed chanhee out the forest.