2

"The Royal Family of Ocares are visiting tonight, Daniel." I inwardly groaned at my father's mention of visitors. Visitors meant getting dressed even fancier than usual- which was surprisingly possible. Plus, it also meant that I had to be one my best 'behavior'. Oh god, I hope there's no princess in this family. My mother would have a ball trying to get us together. I just didn't get the point of it. "And this means, I have to try to be appealing? No, thanks." I replied, rolling my eyes and looking out the window of my room. "Daniel!" My father shouted, making me growl in frustration.

I walked into the dining area where the large table had been pulled out and a white tablecloth had been spread across it. The chandelier candles were lit and candles even lined the middle of the table. Also on the table were the china plates that my mother loved to have out when we had guests. I hated this. By this I mean the guests, the fancy things, all of it. Mostly, just being a part of a 'Royal Family' was what I hated. I would much rather be a hunter in the large span of trees surrounding the kingdom and village, or a merchant in the village selling goods of all kinds. It was frustrating having your family on your case all of the time.