7

After a few more letters sent to each other, we set a time to meet which wasn't that long. It was tomorrow, so I made sure that I absolutely had nothing planned and that nothing would randomly pop up. Considering my parents, they would probably already have set up some family to have dinner with us and not tell me until I'm about to leave for Thoeron. I would not be shocked. I smiled as I stared at the letters sat upon the drawer beside my bed. I had this weird feeling when I thought about Phil. It was such an indescribable feeling. I couldn't wait for the next day when I could finally see him again.

-The Next Day-

I woke up early to the sun shining through the window. I immediately got up, getting dressed and heading down to the dining area. I was enthusiastic for what the day shall hold. I spotted my parents already seated at the dining table, eating their breakfast already. "Good morning, Daniel," my mother greeted, looking at me. "Good morning, mother," I said back, taking a seat at the table. I was brought a plate of various breakfast foods by one of the many servants. I could barely keep still from my day's plans. I was tired of having no one to speak to about the sickening formality or nuisance of marriage. Today, I could meet with Phil and I wouldn't have to worry about any of that. I never had to with him.

-Later that day-

It grew near to time for Phil and I to meet at Theoron. I figured that it was nearly time for me to leave, so I said goodbye to my parents and left to the stable. I left upon my horse, not bothering with the carriage which just went along with the mess of formality which I hate. Once out of the gate, I rode the horse fast between the rows of trees in the forest surrounding the Kingdom. I neared the old Kingdom of Theoron which wasn't too far from my Kingdom nor too far from Ocares, Philip's Kingdom. I rode up to the old large stone archway that by now was covered in green moss and vines, barely showing Theoron engraved into the top arch of the stone. I rode through the arch into where the Kingdom once stood. It was weird that at one point a large castle stood in the middle of all this land that was called Theoron. I looked around, spotting the place I was to meet Phil and saw that he was already there. I smiled, riding over and hoping off when I approached. He looked at me and smiled. I went to where he sat, taking a seat beside him.

"Nice to see you, Dan," Phil greeted. "Nice to see you too, Phil," I greeted back. "I'm kind of surprised that I actually got to meet up with you. Usually my parents would somehow ruin my plans without even knowing that they are," I told him, laughing a bit under my breath. He also laughed under his breath.

"I think we both just kind of need a break from the fanciness sometimes," Phil said and I nodded, agreeing with him completely. "One reason why I have been so enthusiastic about meeting with you. You are the only person I have ever spoken to that understands why I don't like being in a Royal Family," I spoke to him and he agreed, smiling at me. We continued conversations, smiling and laughing constantly. It seemed that the time passed so quick with him because before we knew it, the sun began to set, signaling that we both needed to get back to our kingdoms soon.

"Let's meet again soon. Okay, Phil?" I asked him and he nodded. "Okay, Dan," he replied as he got on his horse, smiling at me before riding off. I smiled to myself, watching him ride into the distance. I got onto my horse, calmly riding back to my Kingdom.