4

"I hate all the formality that comes with being in a 'Royal Family'," I told Philip as we walked across the path surrounding the castle. I stared at the stone wall, fantasizing about my life outside the castle. "I thought I was the only one," He agreed with relieved sigh.

"I have one question. How old are you exactly?" I asked him, continuing to drag my feet across the rough pavement. "Twenty-two," He answered. I was astonished. I hadn't heard a single detail of him being married. Did his parents not force that upon him like mine are?

"..and you're not married?" I said in a higher-pitched questioning tone. He shook his head, "No, I am not." My mouth almost literally fell open in shock. What are my parents expecting of me? Is no others forcing their sons and daughters to marry at the age of only 18?

"I'm eighteen and my parents are forcing me to marry," I said, letting out a huff of angry breath. "Forcing you?" He asked, causing me to nod in response.

"They say that if I don't marry, or at the least, find a princess to marry before I turn 19, they will find one themselves. Doesn't seem very fair to me," I confessed, mumbling out the words at points. Philip raised an eyebrow before shaking his head, "It's really not." I thought of telling him the truth as to why I haven't picked a princess yet, but I felt that he would shun me, as everyone else does to most with the same choice. I finally found someone I actually had common likes with and I didn't want to ruin that.

"Is it alright if I call you Phil? Philip is just too formal," I let out a small laugh as the words left my mouth. "As long as I can call you Dan." He replied, smiling wide. I nodded, looking down at the walkway.

"We should visit each other more often," Phil suggested, making me look up and nod with a smile placed upon my face. "That'd be wonderful."

[I accidentally published this earlier when it wasn't finished. Sorry, if I made you think that there was an update. I've got a lot of positive feedback on this story, so one question.

Considering that this is my first phanfic, is it good? Because I have honestly never thought that my boyxboy writing was good...]